Note to New Members ×

Olympic Slalom!!!!!!

Rob Smith

Thats awsome. The hard booters need more events at the Olympics. I also heard that next year in BX they will be doing more 6 man heats, thinking they might head that way for Olympics. They are also thinking of team events with 2men relay. They have had a few already over the last couple of years, and the riders seem to like it. :biggthump

This is great news for all of us. More Hardbooters and hardboot events is terrific. But it also means all the board manufacturers have to put effort into SL boards instead of just GS boards. A win for all of us since we'll have more board choices. What other innovations might we see?

We should all write to USSA and say thank you for pushing to get that into the Olympics. Apparently they are taking credit for it.

They are taking credit for the slopestyle and halfpipe events for both skiing and snowboard.

They don't give a crap about PSL or PGS. If you look at their announcement on USSnowboarding there is only mention that PSL has been included. The announcement is all about their accomplishment of getting slopestyle in and how that is the progression of where the sport is going for the younger generations.

My guess is that the euros are who was pushing for PSL.

Ink

They are taking credit for the slopestyle and halfpipe events for both skiing and snowboard.

They don't give a crap about PSL or PGS.

Ink

Doesn't matter. ANY support we can give to our sport, and show that there is a demand for it will help. If everyone wrote to the IOC and USSA, at least they would see a presence instead of doing nothing.

Adam Mcleish. I think he's actually Canadian but races for GBR. Its amazing where a Mc can get you.

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=SB&listid=&competitorid=149884&type=result

Some not to shabby results really.

Adam is from Quebec. Used to be on Canadian National Team, but injuries few years ago created a gap vs newcomers like Morisson & Lambert. As he had double nationalty ( mom ? ), he asked to be recognized as a GBR to be sure to compete at Vancouver games. Very nice guy !

AKA on BOL as McIank, mainly for selling stocks

I heard Jasey Jay's making a come back too!!!

Just kiddin.:eplus2:

On that note, rumor is that his boards will be available this coming season along with some other goodies.

Yes it is all good exposure and I will be watching. Now NA needs to get some riders to ride SL so that we can compete. All the old SL racers have retired, I don't know any of the up and comers who ride SL well.

Ink

We should all write to USSA and say thank you for pushing to get that into the Olympics. Apparently they are taking credit for it.

seems like you gonna thank russian federation for that. placed PSL for vote and pushed to win

and - you know? - PSL is not a pair but trio event. seems like epic fail.

. . . thanks for a link although I can of course or unfortunately not read it :)

I checked out a couple of sites when I wrote the news post on my site and even some more after reading your remark - anything other than a regular PSL was not mentioned on any of the over 10 sites I checked out and definitely the official olympics.org announcement and the post on the austrian fis / oesv site do not mention anything like that neither so I can only remain considering this to be a rumor only . . .

although even if it was true I would not be sure about epic fail I mean I would not even mind a mass start event :)