Note to New Members ×

Olympic Slalom!!!!!!

Rob Smith

although even if it was true I would not be sure about epic fail I mean I would not even mind a mass start event :)
i'd like to see a staggered-start downhill event. random start order, random start intervals (between 5-10 secs delay), high speeds, no big jumps, and about 2 mins in duration top to bottom. fastest aggregate 3-run time wins.

oh, and overtaking allowed.

Hmm.. Even if the 3PSL format is a rumor, it is fun to think about

how introducing a new "team" format (or an additional course) would play-out.. What might be some options?

• Parallel SL: Same format as PGS, but with Slalom course setting.
  • 3PSL : Similar to PGS format, but each rider takes 3 runs per round, each run on a different course.
  • Parallel SL (Team): 2 Courses set Parallel - Each team consisting of 3 riders will race each course twice, producing a total of 6 timed team runs.
  • 3PSL (Team): 3 courses set parallel. A team of 3 riders compete at the same time - one rider per course. Each rider will rotate to a new course for the following 2 race rounds, resulting in 9 timed team runs.
  • 3PSL (Team Relay): 3 parallel courses. Each team of 3 is randomly assigned to one of the three courses. Competitor teams will occupy the other two courses. Once the 1st racer of each course crosses the finish line, the 2nd racer of that course can leave the gate, etc.

If there are 3 courses... I wonder what the new gate color will be?

Blue, Red, and "Yellow"? Green? How about Black?

each rider on the team takes a lane and a lap.

when the rider in lane 1 is finished, rider in lane 2 goes, then lane 3. overtaking, of course, is allowed, but no contact, incidental or otherwise. time penalty goes to the overtaking rider for incidental, DQ for intentional...

Great news!

However, with PSL coming into the picture, the PGS should become the good old GS, 2x timed runs. That way the sport would have 2 distinctly different disciplines - more fun for athletes and spectators. For a spectator, PSL and PGS look pretty much the same...