Note to New Members ×

SLAC Carving kick off in Utah

SLAC Carver

Hi everyone,

just wanted to make you guys aware of a new board sport, based on standard snowboards. The first state where this can be seen in the near future is Utah (SLC area).

It rides very different from other known devices (this is no toy :eek:) and the low pilot perspective is something else. It was developed based on intensive research and has a quick mount system for any snowboard (just replaces the bindings), which means you have two rides in one board. It packs in a small backpack (12 lbs).

Check out a video on: http://vimeo.com/10420391

Just wanted to post this info for a general discussion.

Patrick

called sledding?

My flexible flyer will turn better than that and I don't see the carving part. I see people lean, and lean, and lean then maybe get some turn in the form of skidding

I don't care for it or think that it will take off in any form other than on a sledding hill at the neighborhood park.

Ink

Patrick, Congrats....:biggthump

I wonder stiffer and longer board/longer effective edge wud make the turning more responsive (tighter turn)/better control = load more to the centre (seems weight to much at nose) and slightly higher sitting frame position for higher angulate. Is sitting position (forward/back) adjustable?

Cud have a brake installed (similar to ski) if operator thrown off or does it ?

Can frame attached to any regular snowboards?

Cheers

RT

I do that with my powder board on the way back to the parking lot after a tiring day. It has a quick mount system too, I hold onto my front heel bail.

Is it leashed?

For carvers who sustain permanent nerve or leg injuries, there could be an application. One would mount that system on an Apex plate, to let the board flex normally.. It might work quite well, with a seatbelt you could angulate. I can't see any other time I'd buy it though. Why remove all the glorious functions found in your legs?

Sorry, to leave you in the dark, there is a website with some more information, see www.slac-carving.com

This not a replacement for snowboarding, it´s an add on! For everyone, who likes to try something else. It is not leashed, but you can use a belt.

Turns are not only initiated by using your weight, which works at ease, it additionally has steering blades, so effective they would fire you out of the seat if used too hard :nono:. Skidding rather hard with this device, but works in narrow turns.

The key experience is the Formular 1 like position. That makes one experience speed in a new way. You can hit 50 mph easy and much faster, with next to no training, yet full brake controls and less risk of injury, since your centre of gravity is low. There is also next to no wind resistance.

And why not for those, who just have some knee issues ?! (Leg power is required for control, but no stress on the knees) But still go boarding :biggthump.

It was developed by a major European manufacturer and there is a lot more tech stuff in there, that what is visible.

KEY ADVANTAGES:

- Light and quick mount adaption kit for any snowboard

- New slope perspective combined with speed, maneuvres and unspoiled joy

- No training required

- Full steering and brake controls for any condition and slope

- High safety degree due to low centre of gravity

- No bindings needed

- Transportable with any surface or chair lift

- Set up looks like a standard snowboard - no modifications required

- Engineered by the worlds leading leisure sports manufacturer

- German technology[/font]

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I guess it means it´s got a BMW suspension :D... but it could also mean it´s not a China made toy..

Anyway trials happened on greatest Snow on Earth :biggthump

It COULD mean it's not a China made toy.

My iPod uses American technology. It's not made here.

Interestingly enough, I don't think you've said where it's made.

In other news, this thread is filled with Ham Salt.

Hi everyone,

just wanted to make you guys aware of a new board sport, based on standard snowboards. The first state where this can be seen in the near future is Utah (SLC area).

It rides very different from other known devices (this is no toy :eek:) and the low pilot perspective is something else. It was developed based on intensive research and has a quick mount system for any snowboard (just replaces the bindings), which means you have two rides in one board. It packs in a small backpack (12 lbs).

Check out a video on: http://vimeo.com/10420391

Just wanted to post this info for a general discussion.

Patrick

A day early, tomorrow is April fools day.

JMO: I'm not looking forward to seeing any SLAC'ers at the local hill :eek:.

I've been taken out at the knees :freak3: & don't really want to be taken out at the ankles! Looks pretty 'Out Of Control' to me.

Hello Patrick, thank you very much for bringing this innovation to the attention of the forum. I think your product has an excellent opportunity for synergy with the similarly forward-thinking product from your Teutonic brothers over at <a href="http://www.raxski.com">Rax Ski</a>. If you get together with them and develop a project jointly, you could call it a SLax.

I also think there's a lot of potential for cross-fertilization with the freethinkers at <a href="http://hangboard.ca">Hangboard</a> and <a href="http://www.deucesnowboards.com/">Deuce Snowboards</a>.

I feel really privileged to have witnessed - and maybe even played a small role in - the inception of the future of snowsports!