Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard Plate Systems

www.oldsnowboards.com

I don't see a multitude of plate systems unless some standardization starts taking place... I can't buy a board then have to have there own special plate everytime... I Im not going to drill holes in a $1000 dollar plus board.. ain't gonna do it..:freak3:

I hope something simple can be derived from all this that uses the standard 4 hole six pack or 8 pack...:biggthump

RSS

So roby69's plate looks like it would mount on the standard insets ?

hardware yes,plate with bindig is flexable

I don't see a multitude of plate systems unless some standardization starts taking place... I can't buy a board then have to have there own special plate everytime... I Im not going to drill holes in a $1000 dollar plus board.. ain't gonna do it..:freak3:

I hope something simple can be derived from all this that uses the standard 4 hole six pack or 8 pack...:biggthump

RSS

:)

RSS

IDK, I don't see 4x4 being ideal for this sort of thing. seems like the apex cananda people did not either and went with the hangl insert pattern.

I don't see 4x4 being ideal for this sort of thing.

absolutely right... follow the forces and minimize redirection and dissipation. Attachment of the plates right along the board edges makes the most sense because that is where the force needs to be directed. That is where the force will ultimately end up, regardless... because that is where the board gets its reaction force, the edge engaged in the snow.

I think 'plates only' boards would be best served by migrating to an insert pattern out at the edges.

I sure some one will figure it out.. why would you want a board that looks like swiss cheese! I mean your gonna have a bunch of holes... Vist Holes, Apex holes, Hangle Holes.. Mass Holes...:ices_ange I threw that in.. its not really a plate...yet.. :lol:

RSS

or is it?

pics to come once I get everything in place. my starting point is a hangl, a dead board and a headache.

solid carbon,a little flexable,25mm high with the plate,

Hi Roby - nice looking plate from what we can see so far!

Have you had any issues with the durability of the carbon fiber plate?

I have to tell you (all) something funny - when I first saw the pics of the plate I thought it was a spoof - because I thought you just took a nice piece of CF and crumpled up some aluminum foil to make a bed to set the plate on top of the board. didn't realize until afterwards that your mounting plates were scribbled out. Duh! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Apex Race Plate won't work on standard 4x4 inserts. It fits inserts set up for that other plate. The one that starts with "H" and ends in "angl".

I lol'd.

Also, I like that they give Seb credit for his tent picture in the top right corner.

I like this picture better:

jasey61.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_M2k9PvFQk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_M2k9PvFQk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No titanal no carbon no elastomere no steel edges no base and alot less wood than a board so if it costs 1/5 of a board and works this should sell like crazy!

It looks like a skateboard without wheels and i think it should cost as much as one!