Note to New Members ×

Alpine Snowboard Plate Systems

www.oldsnowboards.com

After spending many many days on plates with no reprieve I rode plateless for the day on some nice comfy soft snow and what a pleasure it was not to have that much "more" to horse around. I don't think soft snow will ever be a suitable riding medium for plates. My feet felt light and agile under me and it was a plasure to be able to pedal in the softness.

Think Snow!

I'm not at all surprised that on soft or hero snow where it is easy to carve anyway, a plate is simply not necessary or even a handicap. However what about when that soft snow gets rutted or pushed around into piles? Did that happen to you?

@Shred - LOL :D

After spending many many days on plates with no reprieve I rode plateless for the day on some nice comfy soft snow and what a pleasure it was not to have that much "more" to horse around. I don't think soft snow will ever be a suitable riding medium for plates. My feet felt light and agile under me and it was a plasure to be able to pedal in the softness.

Think Snow!

Hero Snow for days... :- ) thats the Colorado Plate!

• 2 weeks later...
Pardon me if I'm repeating something but ....I haven't been following this thread, so I may have missed it

It appears the plate is catching on in Europe too!!

490. Euros = 657.087 CAD

UPM mount

19.5 stance

Carbon Fibre

http://www.snowboardplate.com/SnowboardPlate/Welcome.html

Yeah. Looks pretty nice. But after shipping and whatever else you're darn close to a Boiler, which will give you more stance options and the 4x4 option. Boiler looks lower too.

Yeah. Looks pretty nice. But after shipping and whatever else you're darn close to a Boiler, which will give you more stance options and the 4x4 option. Boiler looks lower too.

and...I don't like the idea that the axles seems to be drilled into the plate (european model), where the BBP axles are mounted seperately from the plate in their own housing.

I'm a believer. Rode the Donek system this afternoon in 8-12" that fell the night before and had a morning's worth of packing down, which meant chunks galore. Wow. Seriously WOW. I could carve, scarve or just mess around with very little of the crap making its way up to my legs. Plate systems are seriously a GAME CHANGER. This was on a 166 Coiler Stub 13.2m. I am sold. Can't wait to try this on other boards, and try Fin's version too!

I'm a believer. Rode the Donek system this afternoon in 8-12" that fell the night before and had a morning's worth of packing down, which meant chunks galore. Wow. Seriously WOW. I could carve, scarve or just mess around with very little of the crap making its way up to my legs. Plate systems are seriously a GAME CHANGER. This was on a 166 Coiler Stub 13.2m. I am sold. Can't wait to try this on other boards, and try Fin's version too!

So even with a relative short board the board was ridable with a plate system?

Hence I thought only longer boards could benefit.....

I'm curious how it would feel on a real SL board, but all of my shorter sticks are too wide for this plate. Anyone try it out yet? It looks like many Kessler and SG SLs have some sort of plate on there. I'd really like to see what this does to a Madd 158, but all of the plates out there appear to be too wide.

Sure. I have a lot of catching up to do in snowboarding :)

Not in business however ;)

Good that this is not what you meant. I am overly sensitive as far as outsourcing to Asia from the USA. You see? ... and I am not even American while wanting to protect some qualities here :)

Thank God that Fin, Sean, Chris, Bruce and Jeff did not came with the idea, but survived somehow.

OMG "M" is back......first Jersey shore...now Jersey Carving.. Do us a favor ..knock up Snookie once and for all.... you can post anything after that.