Note to New Members ×

What's with all the newbs?

photodad2001

"Your status is based on the number of posts you've made. Just respond with LOL or +1 to a bunch of other people's posts and you'll work your way up the ladder."-Photodad2001

Just remeber, post count is not necessarily an accurate representation of skill level. Internet snowboarding can sometimes get overly opinionated and rambunctious. There is lots of good info shared on here and lots of b.s. also, usually not to hard to deciminate between the good and the bad. Welcome to Bomber!

Think Snow!

Dude... you have less than 500 post and you've been around since the new forum was established.... you have no clue what you're talking about....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... you have less than 500 post and you've been around since the new forum was established.... you have no clue what you're talking about....

Your right, but I find it sometimes entertaining to pretend.:eplus2: One day I will hit 500, then I can be part of the cool kids club!

Think Snow!

Are carvers going door to door recruiting like Jehovah's witnesses? Or do we have a recruiting station set up where they can trade in their spiked belts and bandanas for a precision board and hair cut? Just saying there's been a lot of "Hi, I'm new to carving" posts in the last week. Is it the time of year?

Well...I am bald, and never owned a spiked belt.

I self-recruited after 5 years of regular snowboarding. I never got into the railslide thing and just always wanted to hit powder off the groomed runs. Those days are often far and few between so when on the groom all I wanted to do was to carve hard. Saw some stuff online and the rest is history....:1luvu:

Just remeber, post count is not necessarily an accurate representation of skill level. Internet snowboarding can sometimes get overly opinionated and rambunctious. There is lots of good info shared on here and lots of b.s. also, usually not to hard to deciminate between the good and the bad. Welcome to Bomber!

I wish that the count had an effect on ability. I would be on here every day I was not on the snow. But does that mean that the guys with counts above 1000 are actually never on the snow???:D

Well, you probably can't post on here if you are out on the snow riding, right? (Yeah, ok, I'm at work right now... BLAH!!! But tomorrow I'll be on the hill!!!!)

Although, I'm kinda old school too.... I guess you can post with an iPhone or something while riding up the chairlift, right??????

I wish that the count had an effect on ability. I would be on here every day I was not on the snow. But does that mean that the guys with counts above 1000 are actually never on the snow???:D

Unfortunately yes, often this is the case.

Think Snow!

"Your status is based on the number of posts you've made. Just respond with LOL or +1 to a bunch of other people's posts and you'll work your way up the ladder."-Photodad2001

Think Snow!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm with you Snowman, I am a newb to "hardbootin" as they say in Min-ay-soo-tay, ( tho not even new to SB SB'ing ) even tho I got a big mouth and some subjective & felonious opinions lol, I got a LOT of + PM's of encouragment to keep posting my newb post's ( minus the sarcasm & person jab's of course )

Digressing: It's funny I get comments like " Wow what kind of cool set up is that" every single time I go out which has only been this season ( my 1st on hard bo bo's )

When I slide off the chair lift and "lock in" my back boot not stopping as a slide by the "butt clickers " sitting on their butt clicking in they say " cool did you see that guy lock n load in the fly" or something like that.

It's funny to pull up to the bar or snack bar and my board ( 176 ) is the tallest gun in the rack, I cant wait to move up to a 180 gun

Even the lift'ies ( lift line workers ) say things line "Dam whats that" and last night during a night time session with 1 foot of fresh down, the chair butler said " I NEVER seen anything like that in my life ( His 18 year old life ) ;)

Just remeber, post count is not necessarily an accurate representation of skill level. does that mean that the guys with counts above 1000 are actually never on the snow???:D

Though my post count is in the mere 500's, I've never hidden my lack of recent on-slope time.

In defense of us netboarders, though, life changes - parenthood, changing domicile, altered financial realities - can decimate your time in the saddle. Nevertheless, when you have 20+ years' experience in this young sport, you can't help but learn something. Trying to share a bit of that "wisdom" - with due humility - shouldn't be a capital offense.

I've noted the huge increase in Newbie posts lately and think it's bloody great.

Welcome! And Ride On!!

BB

aka "The World's 9,999,999th best cyberbooter" (apologies to Tex)

I post therefore I am......

waiting for my back to heal to get back out there. Yes I post waaay too much sometimes. I love this sport.

I think it is awesome to have new people coming into the sport. There are so few hard booters that there is still a very unique factor, that won't go away soon I am betting.

Love to see the newbies and there curiosity, even if the same question has been asked 14 times in the last six years. I don't always remember to search or sometimes see something and wonder if prevailing attitudes have changed since that post about Deeluxe boots in 2007.

So bring it on newbs. Hope you are finding your carve and locking it in.

I did have one fantastic railomatic type day on perfect groom, before I got sidelined by being hit by a skier never ever.

Another ten days of PT and I might be released to ride. :biggthump

I think that this site is great. And its the people that make the site!

If I had had to figure all of this out by myself or by reading a manufacturers web site, I would still be reading not riding. I think that I am asking fewer newb (I resemble that!) questions as I learn about the search tools and do more reading. But I still have to get more time on the board. I'm just trying to grow my business to the point that I am not needed and I can just take the whole winter off. Hope to be able to get there before I am too old to ride!

I was super into rails, park, and out of bounds riding. When I registered for the site it actually made me mail in my spiked belt and bandana for regisration to be complete.

I loved throwing down carves on my freestyle board. I just never had a true carve board setup because I was caught up in the other stuff. Im pretty excited to get my first setup. I have a feeling its going to feel pretty different...im used to feeling that board really flex between by feet and snap out of turns. carving boards just look soo much more fluid.

Now gentlemen, I didn't say always, I said often. Relax! Damn, only 38 to go until I hit 500, then you'll listen to me dammit!:D

Plus, my morning email informs, 40+ inches fresh powder at Wolf Creek!! And so many admiring, respectful Newbies!

This is my best day NetBoarding ever!

Thanks, guys!!

BB

(just 38 posts shy of being the World's 1,000,000,000th best CyberBooter... damn...)

In my vast experience of 2 whole trips to SES, more than half of the people I spoke with never or rarely post on Bomber. NES (Nakiska ES) was similar; from the forums it seemed like 6-10 people would show up but there was 15-20 people on the hill.

I wish I could ride as often as I can log in to BOL! And I love seeing all the newbies and try to help whenever possible. It seems like just yesterday I was a newbie reading every page in the Bomber articles and even going through archives of BOL.

Just remeber, post count is not necessarily an accurate representation of skill level.

Post doesn't equate to anything. There are members who post a lot, and ride a lot. There are other members who post a lot, but maybe ride 5 days a year.

The bottom line is you shouldn't take advice on this forum from anyone you haven't seen ride.