Note to New Members ×

How do you keep your boards ?

Surf Quebec

Kurt, if it was a contest, I think it is safe to say "You Win" !!  Beautiful display!!

Now, get rid of the misc items , get someone to take a better photo and you have the makings of an epic example of Museum grade storage/display!!

post-158-0-58220700-1438545802_thumb.jpg

Something like this but get it squared up and the lighting worked out.   

• Like 2

Oh man, I have a LOT of work to do to get my Precious Moments collection up to the standards of this forum...

PreciousMoments1-270.jpg

I don't know, I think you are the KING of Precious Moments!! I have not seen one better. :)  Frankly at 100$ a pop or better that isn't chump change you got there,   

Do you have any duplicates you would like to trade? 

• 2 weeks later...

Redia,  if it is empty or cleared off some time, I would love to see more details of the construction?  

Here is what I am currently assembling.  Not pretty , designed with "Sorting" function in mind.  12' x 4'  ,  10 slots on each side , approximately 5 boards (likely more) so approx 100 board capacity. 

post-158-0-08039500-1440271097_thumb.jpg During construction, designed to store inside the base frame.  

post-158-0-26175300-1440271116_thumb.jpg Couple of "Volunteers" to check proper fit / application. 

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to "display" store boards on the wall, base towards the wall, however I would like to not mount them just vertically which is what it seems 99% of the display type mountings do... I would preferably like to mount them at a 45 degree angle or really any angle, and would love to be able to take them down without too much effort, but still be secure on the wall enough to even put over my bed. I am in California, so earthquake problems would not be unheard of. :smashfrea 

Any ideas?

Looking to "display" store boards on the wall, base towards the wall, however I would like to not mount them just vertically which is what it seems 99% of the display type mountings do... I would preferably like to mount them at a 45 degree angle or really any angle, and would love to be able to take them down without too much effort, but still be secure on the wall enough to even put over my bed. I am in California, so earthquake problems would not be unheard of. :smashfrea

Any ideas?

Please, don't put your boards over your bed!  That's just asking for a trip to the ER the night before you have to be somewhere important.

Related but different. I am looking for suggestions on minimalistic methods of mounting boards on the wall vertically. These are boards on display, not to be removed often.

Best I have come up with so far it using a brick molding for a bottom shelf and two clear mirror clips. Keep in mind the price will be multiplied by a hundred or so. In other words it would be cost prohibitive to use 20$ mounts.

I've been saving the corks out of large bottles of beer.  They have a slightly flared head and are easy on the edges and side wall.  Take a saw or sharp knife to cut off the base a bit and drill a hole into the top of the cork for your mounting screw.  You need to drink 200 bottles of beer though, but it's a fun way to get the mounting hardware.

Any ideas?

I think these will work at an angle: http://www.amazon.ca/Bordz-up-BORDZUP-SNOWBOARD-STORAGE-RACK/dp/B000TAR978 

I'd add a backup leash if putting them over my bed.