Note to New Members ×

Massive apology to...well...everyone.

D-Sub

Hey all

I stormed out of here yet again a few months ago, and I vowed to not come back.

well that didn't !#$!@#$ work, DID IT!

Look...fact is...at some point, right around 2006, but starting long before that and long before I realized what was happening, I started turning mean.

06 was the death of my beloved best friend Avalanche. Best darn dog ever.

I know it sounds cheesy and kinda self-indulgent but that crap just killed what was left of my positivity. Like I said things started getting a bit dicey for me long before that, basically around 9/11 when I became both politically aware and generally "disenchanted" with "the world," but I've been doing some thinking lately and I realized that right after my dog was taken from me a series of events piled up and just made me say "f it."

This site wasn't the first one where I ended up looked at as some opinionated curmudgeon. Not even close. It also wasn't the first site where I alienated some pretty farking cool people.

Hopefully it'll be the last. I won't make some dramatic proclamation about me being a new man or anything...but I'm struggling to get back to being the dude I used to be. I gotta tell y'all that I've got some pretty big hurdles comin up, so it's gonna be difficult for me, but ultimately no one here ever really did anything to directly jam me up. Well, except maybe Kress but even that stuff was really something I could have let slide. That said..."Snowman"...seriously...let me let it all go, ok? No more jabs at me...but feel free to call me out civilly if I get outta line? That goes for the rest of you.

I won't be posting here that much. Fact is talking about snowboarding...lost its appeal for the most part. BUT...I'd like to be able to pop in every once in a while and say what's up to everyone without catching heat.

Doable?

Tex...you're one of the dudes I lashed out at last time and I'm sorry for that. We've always been cool on these boards and off, so...my bad. I think there was someone else specifically but I don't want to go looking for evidence and have to re-live something.

To anyone I pissed off, seriously...I'm sorry.

So, that said...who's gonna be the first to post the obligatory "Look at me I'm an attention whore" poster? :)

oh...one more thing...

I've had some alarming and mysterious "health issues" since about that same time period, and I'd like to ask for some "vibes" so maybe I can get out of that hole, too, and hopefully some day not too far off get back to trying to rail turns like oldsnowboards.

yeah, dude...various demons indeed.

I spent 25 or so years letting a lot of **** build up...it's time to get it out and get past it.

Don't mean to turn this into a couch session for me, but...I read a book called "I Don't Want To Talk About It" on the insistence of a friend, and it really hit home and gave me some much needed insight.

I really wanted to post this pic :)

Attentionwhore.jpg

Great sentiment Dave. I wish you all the best.

I remember a while back when you called me out on the way that I was posting here. I was generally being a real @$$. I really took it to heart and have tried to be more diplomatic and caring in my posts since then. Hopefully I have been successful. Thanks for calling me out! :biggthump

Good luck with your journey.

Welcome back Dave!!!

You are surrounded by friends here.

Best of luck in healing. You have made a VERY important step my friend.

Open your heart, do good for others, it is the best medicine.

---------------------------------------

Kindness of others is amazing, I was reminded by a telephone call yesterday from someone that came out of no-where to offer help in a time of need.

Great people are all around you Dave, you just have to let them in.

Welcome back Dave.

Part of your penance is to re-post that fine photograph of the babe wearing nothing but a thong and hardboots holding the race board.

sorry jack. deleted it recently.

thanks all for the welcome back.

until the health thing gets figured out, riding probably isn't in my future. It's not comfortable anymore and I'm only good for a few runs anyway :(

got every kind of trouble one could imagine. it absolutely pours sometimes. test of mettle, I guess.

Great sentiment Dave. I wish you all the best.

I remember a while back when you called me out on the way that I was posting here. I was generally being a real @$$. I really took it to heart and have tried to be more diplomatic and caring in my posts since then. Hopefully I have been successful. Thanks for calling me out! :biggthump

Good luck with your journey.

kinda ironic me calling someone out for posting like a dick :)

sorry jack. deleted it recently.

what?! :eek: you could have sold that for significant money. it was a work of art. the whole picture - the girl of course, but also the pose, the light, the gun in the background, it was awesome. If you could recover it somehow, I'd help you sell it.