Note to New Members ×

maky snow slide off

lamby

Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to make top-sheets not collect snow. On some days the snow really sticks to the top of my deck and it can start to get kind of heavy as it accumulates. Was wondering if anyone out there has any tricks for making their top-sheets shed snow. Some of my decks have glossy top sheets and some have rougher, matte-like, finishes. All seem to collect snow. Thanks in advance for any tips coming this way. Best, Chris

Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to make top-sheets not collect snow. On some days the snow really sticks to the top of my deck and it can start to get kind of heavy as it accumulates. Was wondering if anyone out there has any tricks for making their top-sheets shed snow. Some of my decks have glossy top sheets and some have rougher, matte-like, finishes. All seem to collect snow. Thanks in advance for any tips coming this way. Best, Chris

Before you ride, make sure your topsheet is cold. When it is cold, snow sticks to the topsheet because it is warmer than the snow.

I wax the topsheets with car wax once a season followed by a carnuba wax, it works ok as long as the board is already cold before it touches the snow. And of course it makes your topsheet all nice and shiny and hides a lot of small scratches.

I dont oil the board with anything as I dont want it to spread all over my jacket and gloves.

Chris, Rain-X don't work either, tried it along with a whole list of other products :( , still to date have found nothing that works.

Pre-cooling the board does seem to help, but I transport my board 'in the car' and sure as 'heck' ain't leaving it outside while I'm getting ready (not chancing it growing legs).

It really is 'quite amazing' that nothing (so far) seems to work :confused:

I haven't found anything to work in all conditions, though car polish and wax makes boards look fantastic! ;)

I find that if I spend a little time wiping snow off just before I get on the chair, the board cools nicely on the way up and less snow sticks for the rest of the day.

I've tried Rain-x, paste wax, and silicone spray. All helped a little for a little while, but didn't last. My decks are cold upon arrival at the hill, so they should be good to go. Perhaps I should try some hot sauce or wasabi:eek:

Pledge didn't work for me, must be the Pennsylvania snow ?

Things (that I remember) I've tried, Auto wax (at least 3 different brands, sprays and paste and even 5 Star Shine), Auto Polish, Never Dull, Silicone Spray,WD-40, Pam, Lemon Pledge, Rain-X, Armor-All, Never Fog, 303 Protectant, Contact Cleaner, Penetrating Oil, Windshield Washer Fluid, Alcohol, Car Wash Soap, Dishwashing Soap, Marvel Mystery Oil, Windex, Anti-Freeze, Tap Free & Mobil 1.

When the WD-40 or the Marvel Mystery Oil didn't do it, I knew I was in trouble.

A friend told me 'lard' works if you leave a thick coating on, he used to use it on his 'Clickers' ?? (I'd personally, rather have the snow :D)

The Pledge didn't seem to help much today. Conditions were firm, carveable groom, packed powder. Not much snow was building up on my top sheet, but snow was collecting and sticking to it just the same. Sounds like jp1 has tried it all. Too funny that lard might be the product that gets 'er done:lol: don't know if I want to go there either - maybe I live with the snow and just scrape it off from time to time.