Note to New Members ×

Bruce does it again...

Mark Brown

For what?

I just meant it as a joke. It's from a song in the South Park movie.

I actually have a new Prior WCR metal with a similar maple leaf graphic:

standard.jpg

The specs for the 173 WCR metal are pretty similar to this Coiler, too. I'm sure they ride differently, but the shapes are very close.

As much as Metal sounds nice one of Bruce's AM's is soo much more of the kind of board I actually need
He offers them with metal construction, you know.

And they ROCK! Bruce did a LOT of fine-tuning on the Metal AM last season. He sent out a 176 / 12 for testing last May and I immediately fell in love with it, to the point where I sold my Metal 172/12 and my Glass 172/12 from the previous season, because I could never imagine a scenario where I'd choose either of them over the new 176 metal.

It's not just the metal that's hot. He's done some cool things with nose and tail decamber profile, as well as playing with the way the nose thickens towards the core. The one I have shares some of my favorite "early and aggressive hook-up" properties with the (Coiler) NSR and the Kesslers, while still behaving very nicely as a freeride board when run flat on its base. Also, its even better on ice than the previous year's model... but doesn't dig into slush as much either.