Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ross first in the parking lot!! Tim second, Well done men!! :)

Trying to snow, off and on, inch or two on the groomers made for some smooth running on soft snow. Vis came and went, and came again. Good turns off the top of Rainbow, good friends everywhere!!! Damn glad to be here!!!

Bryan

post-198-141842276859_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276862_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276866_thumb.jpg

We had a really great Day 0!!! Was very nice to connect up with some old friends and crank out some turns.

Conditions were...well they just were :p Byran's description pretty much sums it up.

Snow in the morning was great though, and the runs on Mount Bachelor never disappoint! Great way to start off OES 2009!

Alot of folks are still rolling in from the road and should be a great turn-out tomorrow to officially kick OES off!

We're ready for the snow and the pow! Bring it on! Our favorite friend rolled up with a truck full of Tankers that are just waiting for a chance at those freshies! :eplus2:

post-5527-14184227689_thumb.jpg

anxiously waiting a rub in

hehe i think alot of us are a bit tuckered out :)

yesterday it snowed all day on the mountain with steady 20mph winds, vis was between "i can somewhat see" to white out "point and pray" moments :freak3:

Despite the conditions the snow was great and if you stayed in the trees the vis was better. AM type boards were pretty much the choice of the day for many.

today its looking better and most reports are saying about 10inches of new snow...should be a good tree and pow-day!

Epic is right! The Tanker 200 killed it all day today.

Heck, epic doesn't even do it justice -- far and away the best powder day I've had this year, maybe even last season and this season. (If you remember what happened last season in the PNW, you know that's saying a mouthful.)

I rode line 4 in the Cirque in bottomless powder: http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/services/trail_map/trailmap.jpg

Then went back with RJ to ride way out to skier's right down Cow's Face. Crappy wind-blown rime on the first 1/4, but below that it was steep bottomless powder, all the way down to the cat track that marks the Bachelor boundary. Lots of unclipping on the way back to the chair -- I envied RJ's Tanker 200 as he glided up a lot of stuff I had to hike up.

And before all that, I got a couple of great powder runs on NW Territories with Hagen, who has an awesome knack for finding sweet lines.

All in all, a pretty great day, and I think we have a good chance at nice chalky groomers tomorrow...!!!