Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Thanks for your work trying to secure some sort of instruction. I'm sure we will all learn some new things from the event regardless. I am looking forward to the event and the look forward to riding with a big group.

Thanks

kr:):biggthump

Amen brother :biggthump

The biggest winners at an event like OES will be those with the least experience, one cannot help but learn from the more experience members of the group. This was part of my original motivation for starting OES in the first place ;)

Folks,

I regret to announce that there will be no clinics or formal instruction at OES. The costs of securing liability insurance for any type of instruction, clinics (or anything that involves race equipment is simply too high.) A participant offering a clinic even without my blessing could be used to void my insurance so we're just not going there.

Apologies to Don as well as those (including myself) who were looking forward to another clinic.

OES is still going to rock, and for those hoping to improve their skills, I have no doubt that you will learn plenty, it's looking like 50+ carvers of all sorts of ability levels, and riding technique will surely be a popular topic of conversation. As always, the loudest cheers will go to the beginners and intermediates who step up their game :biggthump

Thanks for the quick response Mike. This old carver just wanted to learn some new carves. Liability can be nasty when you least expect it. :argue:

... for the next 10 days!

A little resurfacing will be good. The groomers are holding up quite well except Beverly Hills which has exposed rocks. Snow is needed if anyone wants to go off piste since there is a LOT of blue ice off the groomers right now. I tried Cow's Face yesterday and wished I hadn't :nono:

So pray for snow - so that we can enjoy the freeriding off Summit again this year :biggthump

So, for those looking for cheap rooms in Bend? Checked six in the last hour, all around 33$ per night including taxes. Keep in mind these are "Low End" The last one, well, that is where I am staying the night. Total for three nights prepaid? 105$ total!! It has been remodeled and comes with small fridge and micro. Back right up to the door, one floor only (no one clomping around upstairs) High speed wi-fi, nice new tv with cable. Desk with chairs, fresh paint, carpet and furnishings.

Not bad in my book!!

And walking distance from Chan's!! (South end of Bend, closer to the moutain)

Bryan

Total for three nights prepaid? 105$ total!!

Nice one Bryan! Some good can come out of a recession, eh?

Just a reminder, get 4 days of lifts for $110 here. As a reminder you will need to set up an account with Mt Bachelor before you can buy. They've been very good about not spamming me too often (once / month) and I used a unique address on my personal domain and nobody else has spammed me on that address either.

Update: The online tickets may now be picked up at any ticket window, which rocks for us as we meet at Sunrise, have your ID ready.

Great hook up Bryan, we've been there about 1/2 dozen times since OES, and will probably go a couple times a week over the next 3 months.:1luvu:

Cool!! Glad to hear it!!

I AM STUFFED!!

It was good to see him again, been over a year!!!

He is so kind!! Not to mention great food!!!!

can you post more info on the cheap rooms?

Happy to Dave, I am in mine :) getting ready to get to go out, so perhaps a bit later OK?

Hope you can make it.

Any thing in particular?

I can take some photos too.

I will post names, addresses and phone numbers at some point too.

Bryan

I'm afraid I saw this year's Warren Miller (I've enjoyed some of his films in the past, but this one was pretty meh). However, there was one interesting segment: the segment showing Mickey Munoz softbooting at Bachelor. Apparently he lives in Bend now.

Mike, how about it? Any way to extend an invite to Mr. Munoz? If he shows, I promise to ride my Arbor Munoz with plates.

I'm afraid I saw this year's Warren Miller (I've enjoyed some of his films in the past, but this one was pretty meh). However, there was one interesting segment: the segment showing Mickey Munoz softbooting at Bachelor. Apparently he lives in Bend now.

Mike, how about it? Any way to extend an invite to Mr. Munoz? If he shows, I promise to ride my Arbor Munoz with plates.

Lopez too!!!

Saw one of his alpine boards today. Sweet!!!

I guess I just meant contact info for the rental you are speaking of, or did you already post it?

Not yet.

Do you not stay with Greg anymore?

This is the first time I have been in Bend for more than a year.

I didn't actually let anyone know I was coming,

It was a last minute decision kind of thing.

Is Jack still up there? I miss that dude. Cool guy.

I have not seen Jack since last year, he doesn't ride hardboots anymore.

I believe he still lives here.

Yes, he is a cool guy.

Uploaded a couple short videos of the last couple days of riding. Sunny yesterday, snowing today.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDsYmh11QJQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDsYmh11QJQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

This is a cross-post from the OES Gear Sale thread in the For Sale forum.

Hi y'all,

Due to some good fortune/karma/angels/whatever, I'm going to be hitting up OES again this year.

I'm bringing everything and the kitchen sink that I can fit in the SUV. If you want a list now shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you an excel spreadsheet with most of the stuff and bro deal pricing. I'm going to play car salesman, this stuff has got to go.

Cheers, RJ

Just got the list for myself. If you are coming to OES and at all interested in Tankers and other boards that RJ carries, definitely ask him for the list of boards on sale! :cool: