Note to New Members ×

Sunday River

Noah

So I was at Sunday River all last week and only met 2 ppl that new what an alpine board is. Not even some of the instructors were familiar with them. I used to teach at Stowe and there were alot of hard booters then.

"NO THIS IS NOT A MONO-SKI" Dumb A$#. Just venting, this sport used to be all over New England. Oh well maybe or hopefully events like ECES will help bring it back to the public eye.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noah,

funny, cuz I had a SR instructor/kid's race coach tell me on the chair yesterday " It's good to see someone that actually knows how to RIDE a snowboard." He had a coupla 8 year olds on lil race skis with him and they were training for a GS on sunday.

dude, we were so spoiled at stowe.:rolleyes::cool::D:freak3::eplus2::1luvu:

We didn't see any other hardbooters at Jordan Bowl yesterday. Lots of people with questionsabout the hadboots but no angie or Sparkus Snowrider.We never even ventured to the main mt, just lots of lollapalooooza runs. feelin' nice and sore today:biggthump

Was the coaches name Matt by any chance?

there are a few SR locals that ****ing rip on plates.

Another guy who used to race but now rides softboots or tele skis depending on the day who can out carve most of us here on softboots. I was a liftie there for seven years too. Allot of ride plates there but just not more than once a week.

It seems like 30% of the people that I get comments from know what an alpine board is, and the other 70% either call it a ski-board, a monoboard, or an old-school snowboard.

Those that get it are always gushing with questions and statements like "I've gotta try that someday" - I always point them to Bomber and the starting gate. The rest are usually like, "WTF is all that about" or just silently stare at my board/bindings/boots. I rarely get **** from jibbers, usually they stare at the board or say "Dude, that rig is badass!" or something to that effect. If the liftline area allows it, I usually end my runs in a nice tight speed-bleeding heelside carve which usually gives people the idea .. and uhh ... you know ... promotes the sport of carving :-) (I admit it--on a good day I am the WORST show-off--even if I'm not that great!)

It seems like 30% of the people that I get comments from know what an alpine board is, and the other 70% either call it a ski-board, a monoboard, or an old-school snowboard.

Those that get it are always gushing with questions and statements like "I've gotta try that someday" - I always point them to Bomber and the starting gate. The rest are usually like, "WTF is all that about" or just silently stare at my board/bindings/boots. I rarely get **** from jibbers, usually they stare at the board or say "Dude, that rig is badass!" or something to that effect. If the liftline area allows it, I usually end my runs in a nice tight speed-bleeding heelside carve which usually gives people the idea .. and uhh ... you know ... promotes the sport of carving :-) (I admit it--on a good day I am the WORST show-off--even if I'm not that great!)

it's not showin' off if ya get hoots from the chair:rolleyes:just promoting the sport. I love throwing a big toeside dive to scrub speed at the end of a run. Gleb was a great wingman yesterday.I finally learned what droppin' tha hip is all about. the elbow on lollapaloooza is so fun to run at mach 2 like fighter jets. good snow ~ good times

I was to Jordan Bowl for almost half the day on Saturday!! I kept looking out for all you guys too....

Be glad you had a good day yesterday. The fog rolled in today by about 9:30 and made it about impossible to see 10 feet in front of you. I called it a day a little early today...

I took a couple runs yesterday with an instructor who rides a MADD freestyle board. I was shocked to see someone on that, so we started chatting. I figured he rode alpine too, but doesn't. Got the board from an apline riding friend. The first comment he made to me was: "dude!, a chick on an alpine board...." :D

I'm at Sunday River every weekend riding plates. Nothing to complain about this weekend, some nice soft snow was a welcome change opening up the woods.

Angie, I am the one that was on the lift with you at Jordan a few weeks ago.

I am usually riding a Volkl Cross and always have an orange jacket on.

I was to Jordan Bowl for almost half the day on Saturday!! I kept looking out for all you guys too....

a chick on an alpine board...." :D

How could we miss each other ?

We took a lap down the other 2 lumpy bumpy trails at Jordan Bowl but we were mostly just doin' laps down "Loooza" allll day.

Hung out at the Jordan Hotel a bit for some binding tech and board swaps but must've done 25+ runs ~ sore legs & wind burn:biggthump

That's where I was too. I took a run or two on excalibur, but it turned into bumps and ice too fast. No lift line run (I dont' count i caramba haha) on Jordan makes it hard to find people, since that's where I usually spot you guys.

WindNSnow - it was nice to meet ya. Hopefully will run into you (and others) soon. I'm taking this coming weekend off. I dont' feel like playing human slalom with all the families who will be on the mtn for the holiday!

"You ever try a real snowboard?"

-heard at least 5 times in the last 2 days at Okemo

the correct reply to that comment is "you ever try growing some balls?"

some dumb ass said the same thing to me at wa wa, the little weinered park rat almost had a heart attack

Guess I just missed the guys that know about it. I was on White Heat, Obsession and some runs off Barker for most of the time there. And the trail that is at the base of White Cap it has a really fun double fall line and you had to turn because Gould academy was setting a mogul course it was sweeet groom with an inch or so of fresh fluffy snow. Hey Willy are you going to ECES?

Willy why don't you just drive up in you car? Aren't you a Boston local?

Seriously, if you are attending, you haven't signed up for tickets or the dinner. Unless you want to pay full price lift tickets I'd get on the voucher list.

nmg_yellow.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twUOOW3KZQ0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twUOOW3KZQ0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twUOOW3KZQ0&feature=related

Aloha, Mr Hand:D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-EijvoMlQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-EijvoMlQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

♫WOOOOLLY BULLLY♫<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-023x4zYjQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-023x4zYjQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt4rFleb_EE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt4rFleb_EE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Willy when are you going to be arriving? If I am up there when you need a ride it won't be a problem as long as it isn't around first chair! Just kidding.

maybe gonna go

Look at all this liquor

Look at all this food

It's only gonna go to waste

We're not really being rude

But the good stuff's in his closet, I swear he wouldn't mind

Hell we'll just shoot the lock off, I do it all the time