Note to New Members ×

Sunday River

Noah

Anyone going to be up on Monday or Tuesday? I'll be there with my family - never been to Sunday River but it sounds like a pretty nice place - large. I'll be on a new Generics with UPZ and Cateks - name's Daniel. Doesn't sound like I'll see too many hard booters around but if I see someone, I'll holler.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be there this week but if I might suggest a few trail:

Monday Morning then onto the Nastar course half way down and Sunday Punch (Barker Lift)

Tempest under Tempest Chair loading at White Cap Lodge (double fall line)

Obsession off White Heat Chair lift (skiers right when exiting chair)

White Heat if groomed wide enough

Cruisers over by LaLapalooza

Have fun

I was at the river saturday and the cold kept everyone away. I waited in like 2 lines all day. Jordan bowl was closed for a few hours in the morning but the snow was good everywhere. Going next sunday too. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll hit those up. Willy, you in for sunday?

Always looking for other carvers...southern mainer ridin a red fp172 with a white landcruiser with a plate you can't miss...powdah...probably there thursday and friday taking my little grom for some lessons while dad sneaks away for some free time.. barker mt is key t2, monday morning, risky biz or jordan w/ some rocket rides at lunch time.

I'll be up this weekend, riding solo as the family is heading south. I'll be starting at Barker at 8 or 8:30. Who's gonna be riding? Willywhit? Angie? (Good to finally meet you, BTW).

Yes, it was nice to finally meet you guys....I'll be up this weekend but only on Sunday. The company ski outting is on Saturday at Sunapee, and as the resident ski pro around the office, I can't miss it. I'm heading up Saturday after the day there. We should all meet up for some runs Sunday if that's when WW and Gleb are heading up (I can't remember).

Nice. I'm there Sunday only. Saturday is the company ski outting to Sunapee, where I will be for the day then heading up from there Saturday afternoon. I can't pass the chance to see some of my co workers skiing/boarding for the first time. :D

NOAA says snow all week, let's cross our fingers for some good conditions and hopefully I'll run across you somewhere on Sunday (unless Sunapee is crap, then I might be bailing early for the afternoon at the Rivah)!

I should be there both days. Unless it is crap, then I won't.

heh heh heh... I'm actually gonna be droppin down to Sunday River instead of the loaf for Mar 3-8th... I've never taken the family down before.

Let me know how you find the snow this weekend. Last weekend at the loaf was fantastic - but thats before it warmed up.

heh heh heh... I'm actually gonna be droppin down to Sunday River instead of the loaf for Mar 3-8th... I've never taken the family down before.

Let me know how you find the snow this weekend. Last weekend at the loaf was fantastic - but thats before it warmed up.

the eces is that week, come to stowe instead!

Gleb, I had such a great time yesterday. Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys for the day; I forgot how much fun it is to ride with PEOPLE (let alone another carver). Hope you guys can make it back up soon!

TT - did you make it out this weekend? Yesterday was fantastic. I heard Saturday was hard as a rock, but I was at Sunapee - which was suprisingly great conditions wise (nice to meet you EZE), so I think I accidentally got the best weekend I could ask for! See you guys at Stowe next week. :D

it was a pleasure riding with you, and the day was so perfect. Started off a bit rocky with my stance being a bit wacky, but it turned out to be awesome. By the way, Monday Mourning is the best carving trail I've been on in recent memory. At the end of the day it still had plenty of snow since there were races on it all day.

Kick ass day. Won't get to go back till the end of ECES. I'll be at Stowe saturday and sunday. See ya guys there.

Gleb,

check your email mang:cool:

Snow Update #4 - 6:45 a.m.**

We've been calling this storm Colt, and Colt is officially my new best friend.

Colt dropped 13 inches (!) of fresh light fluffy powder on us. 3" fell yesterday over the higher elevations and another 10" fell overnight everywhere! It's going to be a great day, get up here and enjoy it!

For Wednesday we'll be open on at 9 a.m. on 13 lifts. Thanks to the 13" Colt gave us, we'll be open on 129 trails today. Expect some late openings as our patrol team is going to running around like crazy dropping ropes!

sup man! I won't be there this weekend because I have to many tests the next week that I gotta do well on, or else I'm screwed.

I don't have a new board yet, I just have a Madd BX thats a noodle so I put a F2 Conshox on it to stiffen it up. Its a disaster waiting to happen because the nose is now twice as soft as the rest of the board, so I'll have to take it easy.

Have fun there this weekend, it might be a zoo.

I'm up for both days. I'm usually up for first runs and on a chair between 8 and 815 (at South Ridge). This is assuming the International house next door does not have a party nor do I go to said party if it happens :p

Shoot me an email through the forum with some contact info if you want to meet up for some runs.

I'd tell you how to find me (what board what color jacket, etc), but how many chicks on alpine boards are you going to see!?! (Me and NLM's wife is usually the total at SR)

Gleb let us know how it is after your day up there tomorrow!

I'm up for both days. I'm usually up for first runs and on a chair between 8 and 815 (at South Ridge). This is assuming the International house next door does not have a party nor do I go to said party if it happens :p

Shoot me an email through the forum with some contact info if you want to meet up for some runs.

I'd tell you how to find me (what board what color jacket, etc), but how many chicks on alpine boards are you going to see!?! (Me and NLM's wife is usually the total at SR)

Gleb let us know how it is after your day up there tomorrow!

plannin' on packing the camera. Hope to have some face shots to post:rolleyes:

For Thursday we'll be open on 13 lifts and 129 trails, starting at 9 a.m. Our grooming team will lay corduroy treads down on 100 trails overnight. If you didn't get your powder fix today, no worries, there will be plenty to play in on Thursday.:D

http://www.sundayriver.com/video.html

I think you guys are gonna have some fun this weekend. It was about as good as it gets. Today is probably the perfect day because the snow firmed up with the cold and another groom, but definitly can't compain about yesterday. 3 other people that came with us stayed in the woods the entire time. They did only 2 groomed trails the entire time.

They were also blowing snow like crazy. Go this weekend because its going to get warm next week.

Willy will post up pics soon. Hope we got some good ones. :biggthump

edit: Lift Line quote of the day: "You can call that a snowboard, but I call that a monoski."

My first thought (but i didn't say it), "well then, I call you a moron." I just told him the difference and went on my way.

Haha, I love the mono ski comment. Nice job Gleb.

I'm p*ssed; I wish I could have taken today off and gone up. The perfect groom is going to go byebye tomorrow with another round of 6-10" of snow expected. I'm sorry to complain about fresh Pow, but I WANT CORD! Should be a fun day anyway; I did see that there was some of the R-word moving in next week. Ick. Maybe we'll luck out with a good groomer day Sunday *crossing fingers*

See some of you guys up there!

damn those came out pretty nicely! My form didn't, though. Definitely not on my A game that day. Going out for some midnight carving with Bob right now at the wachusett all night thing. I havent been there in so long...almost brings a tear to my eye.