Note to New Members ×

Stolen Boards

Michelle

Was out at a concert last night in Aspen and was very excited to stay and ride today. Imagine my surprise when I went to my car this morning and found 3 boards missing!

1. Customer Prior 4WD 169 floral print (dark blue with hawaiian flowers) with TD2s with my name on it.

2. older Unity soft boot board with Salamon bindings 155

3. Salamon 157 Scalp soft boot board black with bindings

Never thought this would happen in Aspen. It's supposed to be where the magic happens!

Anyway, if you guys could look out for me on Ebay or if you are local, in the second hand stores in Glenwood or around town in Aspen, it would be appreciated.

Totally ruined my day. I hope they break every bone in their skanky little bodies.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I've learned anything from the other two cases that I've been involved, 1. the police will prosecute and 2. this group is very good at finding those things.

Ebay is the biggest fencing location around, but they, and the police, seem all too willing to get the info they need. if we find them and the police aren;t sure how to proceed, let me know, and I'll gladly get them in touch with the cops who went through it out here.

oh, and I'm sorry...that really sucks!

-NBC

floral print (dark blue with hawaiian flowers) sounds like one of a kind. When found, the party in question should be beaten bloody with it. Might wanna check to see if they got it off craigslist first, tho. Thieves tend to be stupid, your board will turn up Michelle.

Lost a longboard skateboard last fall (stolen at a party ) and it irked me for weeks:angryfire:angryfire

Losing my PJ off the rack in VT years ago got me into hardbooting tho, replaced it with a Rossi Race 173 from Rob the rossi rep.

have faith, pray to saint tony:ices_ange

Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony, please come around.

Something is lost that can't be found.

One piece of advice too:

Rather than calling pawn shops and saying "hey somebody stole a board from me with x and Y qualities..", I would call them up and say: "Hey, I'm looking to buy a snowboard!, do you have any?". If the reply is positive, stop by and see if they have your boards.

It sounds terrible but:

A potential sale is much more motivating than a potential loss for any shopkeeper, and having to give up a stolen board is a loss. An interested buyer, however, is always motivating, particularly if its for something pricey like a fancy snowboard ...

Pawnshop owners are not unaware of the dubious means by which many of their wares came to be in their possession, and it is not in their best interest to upset their best providers of cheap merchandise by turning them in.

Good luck, I hope you get your boards back!

wow Michelle i'm so sorry to hear that :( ill definitely keep on eye out on craigs list here and ebay.

hopefully they will turn up or the police will find them. The prior floral print board sounds pretty unique and should be easy to spot.

I hope those bastards go to jail :mad: how was the damage to the car, hopefully they didn't add insult to injury and trash your car too.

Pawnshops that sell goods are required to keep them for 30 days in some states before putting them out for sale. Just because they're not on the floor and for sale doesn't mean the pawn doesn't have them.

Best off getting a description and pictures to the pawns, and they can confiscate the goods or call the police before they lose the money lent out.

So sorry to hear this! I had a brand new pair of race skies stolen out of the rack here in T-ride over the holidays. They were gone for two days and finally were spotted by mountain security ( I had filled a report with them and the police) They actually spotted my poles with him which was the give away because one shaft is red the other black. Any way I got my stuff back though they were somewhat trashed. The same week security busted a couple of kids stealing snowboards.They were out of towners but lived nearby. Check in Glenwood also.

Good luck. Will be on the look out down here.........you never know.

Rode the lift last week with a guy who got his back from ebay. Set up a sting with the (reluctant) local PD and nabbed the effer. He had a whole stash of stuff that he stole from the local hills. The guy saw his board, checked the guys other items for sale, saw his binders too, set up a local pick up and got him. Not sure of the penalties, but at least one less $h!thead on the hill.:angryfire

I'm still combing the pawnshops in the Springs for a couple bikes stolen two years ago, ( Specialized big hit, silver, large, 888 fork, seatpost extender, and an XL Spec, enduro, blue, psylo fork) so get them pics up and I'll add your stuff to my re-appropriate list. Continual bad vibes to toy thieves!

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

custom? or customer's?

Sorry, was so upset this morning couldn't type properly. CUSTOM board. Chris Prior made that board for me, and I loved it.

Thanks for all the sympathy :( and the tips. I couldn't find the pawn shops in Glenwood, so if someone could send me a phone number I would give them a call. I've got the Aspen police, the newspaper, and lots of local friends who are telling their friends and co-workers scouting the area. I went to the local snowboard shop and gave them the scoop. Everyone is amazed that something like that happened in Aspen. If they would have been on top of the car, or on a ski rack that is more believable than stolen out of my locked car (I have since found that one of the locks appears locked, but was frozen and wasn't really locked if you tried the handle). BASTARDS!