Note to New Members ×

Oes 2008!

Mike T

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the large number of carvers who showed up for Unofficial Day Zero! There were some soft spots to be sure and some amusing nearly-painful wipeouts, including one by Yours Truly which may show up on the vidoes, but all I saw at lunchtime was smiling faces. The stoke from last year seems to have carried over!

Looking forward to Official Day One! Keeping doin' the sun dances!

alright a single pic :) that's all I have Zoom! I was too busy riding my new baby :1luvu:

We are going through the video Allen took right now. Some of it looks amazing...i'll see if I can't post a teaser here in a few mins.

What a great first day! GQuentin and I stayed till 2:30+ today....we just couldn't wipe the stupid grins off our faces and kept looking at each other and saying "just one more?".

It was great seeing everybody today, we had quite a crew. The weather was amazing, the snow was good, and ear to ear grins all day on every face I saw.

Ouch - sorry to hear about the ticket Randy :( You'll have to ask Allen about his tonight over a beer - we got tagged last night as well with one :mad:

post-5527-141842252842_thumb.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb7EnjCLw0I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb7EnjCLw0I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The SGs are here! RJ brought the goods... The photo (taken moments ago) doesn't do these beasts justice. Check these puppies out on the hill tomorrow.

L-R:

Race Full Pro Team 185 Titanal (08-09 prototype - serious inquiries only)

Race 185 Titanal

Race Pro Team 178 Titanal

Speed 173

All Mountain 169

SBX Pro Team 169 (08-09 prototype - serious inquiries only)

Speed 162

Not pictured - 140 Jr Race... and there are a few Tankers as well. :cool:

post-2992-141842252854_thumb.jpg

Looks like another bluebird day!

There's an inversion layer meaning temps are higher at the top of the lifts than at the bottom. Lot's o' grooming, including Boomerang and Downunder off the Outback chair - good places to check out if the east side is too soft.

If you're looking for OESer's on the mountain, please keep the organizers cell phone numbers handy as we've had some technical difficulties with FRS radios. (Numbers avaialable on zoom's Quick Reference sheet which you can print out)

Cascade Lakes Brewery, 6:30 PM, upstairs - please bring cash!!!!

Please have walkers available at the front door of the banquet.:D

I am hoping for an elevator to the upstairs room- stairs are not looking good, but there is supposed to be food - that may get me to climb.

BTW - Great day was had by all-- :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Thanks to all who carved, drank and ate today!

We have some leftovers from the Cascade Lakes dinner... visit the 2nd floor of the Sunrise lodge tomorrow around lunch time and help yourself to lunch meats and cheese. Time TBD... whenever people feel like eating... probably depends on the weather and how the snow turns out.

Forecast for tomorrow: repeat of today, maybe a bit warmer. Hopefully any clouds stay nice and high so that Summit is open again.

For those interested in seeing the rest of the mountain - we've been pretty concentrated on Sunrise/Rainwbow/Summit - I will lead a tour of the west side of the mountain tomorrow morning. Meet at Sunrise chair as usual and we'll go from there.

Woooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

We have some leftovers from the Cascade Lakes dinner... visit the 2nd floor of the Sunrise lodge tomorrow around lunch time and help yourself to lunch meats and cheese. Time TBD... whenever people feel like eating... probably depends on the weather and how the snow turns out.

Edit: Logistical issues - I don't have enough ice to keep it all from going bad. These goodies will be avaialble for your munching pleasure on Saturday evening.

Glad to hear you guys have good conditions. I had to cancel due to work. After the week in tahoe and the week at SES (three weeks apart) I was sort of pushing it if I took more time off work. I'll plan a little better next year so I can get up there. After experiencing the stoke at SES, I want to make ALL the ESes.

Hey Bryan, hope you are healing well. Do you still want those torque bindings? If so I will mail them to you and take you up on the lift ticket next year.

RIDE ON Buddies, carve some trenches for me.

Scott

Yet another incredible day. The high overcast kept the runs in good condition, I came off the slopes at 3:20 and there were folks STILL taking laps on Sunrise.

6:30 at Chan's tonite - I will hand out directions to the shindig tomorrow nite there, and have some handy on-hill tomorrow.

Kudos to everyone who helped utterly destroy Thunderbird in *two runs* this morning and then shredded Downunder and Ed's Garden like they've never been shredded before.

Allee, they do have margaritas in the Sunrise bar - I'm sure they don't measure up to Aspen margs but you'll have to come and try them next year anyway :)

Guest GQuentin

Allee, they do have margaritas in the Sunrise bar - I'm sure they don't measure up to Aspen margs but you'll have to come and try them next year anyway :)

Allee, they were good, but not as good as Snowmass. I was sure to drink one for you though :D

Believe me guys, I looked up the cost of the plane fare down there for the weekend ... if I'd known my tax refund was going to be as good as it was, I'd have jumped on a flight. Oh well, such is life.

Quentin, I remember that you ride better after 2 margaritas at lunch :-). Your bully is SOOO cute! Mike, it was a real shame to miss you in Aspen, hopefully we'll cross trenches next season. I'm always a starter for riding at a new hill.

Furi, you can laugh at Quentin, he carves in his sleep (and don't ask how I know that ...)

Y'all are so sweet to me ...:1luvu: Have a trenchin' time tomorrow!!

Pics! Need some Pics! Gangs of hardbooters, trenched out groom. It helps us unfortunate ones feel like we're sort of there. I've still got SES playing in my mind. First time I've seen more than two other carvers. ES stoke cannot be described. It's like being an orphan, then finding out you have a full family thats been looking for you.

Furi, you can laugh at Quentin, he carves in his sleep (and don't ask how I know that ...)

Allee - oh no doubt! Quentin is my hero :) I've been following him like he had donuts in his pockets since Wednesday.

And yah he totally carves better after 2 pitchers for lunch :rolleyes:

Personally I think its the grilled cheese, but im sure the brew helps :p

Ahhhh! Thanks Zoom, I needed that. Up at Tahoe this weekend doing the "Lone rider" thing again. Actually I ride with Gretchen, but she skis. I'm bummed out about missing OES. I was going to drive so I could bring the quivver. Flying to SES with just two boards, plus skis, plus all the crap was a real pain. But, it won't stop me from doing it next year. Hmm? Maybe box em up and ship them to Stan? He could just throw them in his rack box. Case of PBR for his efforts? Oh, I got the start of a plan here.

Rip some turns for me Rebecca, oh, and pound a couple pints as well.

Scott