Note to New Members ×

Oes 2008!

Mike T

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

Could I ask everyone who is planning to come to OES to please RSVP for the evening events. The sooner I can get a rough count, the better - so please RSVP sooner rather than later even if your plans are still tentative - for every person that bails, there's usually another who wants in at the last minute.

The tentative schedule is as follows:

Thursday March 6: Cascade Lakes Brewery, banquet room. We need to put down a deposit. Price is expected to be $20-25 a person which covers food and tip, drinks extra, money would be due a week or two in advance via check or paypal.

Friday March 7: Chan's. Price is expected to be about $16 a person which covers food and tip - please bring ***CASH*** the night of. Drinks extra.

Saturday MArch 8: Pizza party at "Chez Mike T." $8 a head should cover it, BYOBooze. If a large number of people RSVP we may change the location.

Sunday March 9: whoever hasn't gone home yet, we're planning to meet up at Deschiutes brewpub.

Please let me know how many are planning to attend which nights by emailing info@oregones.com.

As of today, yes. As of March for the OES, probably not. Rad-Air is sold out of sizes 167, 172, 177 on a global scale. Just sold my last of the NOS 172s and I have one of the 07/08 172s in stock, and if it makes it to then I will definitely push it into the demo fleet. Rad-Air just did inventory so I may be getting some good news if they found some more old boards I can let go of cheap.

I'm hoping to also have a few glimpses of what the future may hold for us....

As of today, yes. As of March for the OES, probably not. Rad-Air is sold out of sizes 167, 172, 177 on a global scale. Just sold my last of the NOS 172s and I have one of the 07/08 172s in stock, and if it makes it to then I will definitely push it into the demo fleet. Rad-Air just did inventory so I may be getting some good news if they found some more old boards I can let go of cheap.

I'm hoping to also have a few glimpses of what the future may hold for us....

oh that means I'm brining my check book :)

Based on your experience, do I need to rent a 4wd to get from Bend to the mountain?

You shouldn't need 4wd, the road to the mountain is given equal treatment to Hwy 97 which is the main drag through central Oregon... even on weekdays.

I've been glad I have an Outback in cases where it dumps all day and I need to get out of my parking spot quickly but that's about it. Oh, and also those times when I skip shoveling my driveway to get da freshies...

... but you shouldn't need it for OES. Just keep an eye on the forecast and if it looks like 4 days of deep powder you can always change the reservation.

Mike, my wife and I are still planning to come, but works starting to get a little wierd. It will be the fourth month in a row that I have taken a week off and we have some big projects staring us in the face. It's on the schedule, and nobody has said no yet, but when I reminded my boss that SES was next week, well, he didn't exactly look happy.

Like I said, we are still planning to come, but I would probably put it at 85%.

Scott

Mike, I just canceled my trip to SES as I decided that taking my travel trailer that far with the current weather conditions could be a mistake. But, now I'm thinking of going to OES instead. Do you know of anyplace I could park my trailer for the event. I've seen RV's in the Bachelor parking lot but, I don't know if they allow overnighter's. Any info you give me would be appreciated. Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Cascade Lakes brewery doesn't need a deposit, so no need to put down any money in advance. We will have no trouble whatsoever meeting the $300 group minimum even if a bunch of people don't show up.

Snow is holding up well despite the warm temps. This morning was in fact somewhere between firm and bulletproof on the NW and Outback runs as well as Leeway, the groom was still holding up really well when I left at 1:00. (I didn't go over to Skyliner/Sunrise/Summit/Rainbow since that catches early sun and I figured it would slush up...)

Get psyched for OES!

Guest GQuentin

Hi everyone,

Is anyone looking for a bed? I just reserved a room at the Entrada Lodge. It has 2 queen beds and is a nice clean place. I stayed there with my girlfriend and we were both very happy with our room. It' close to Bachelor and about 2 min. from Mike's house. Also has a hot tub. The total rate is $79.00 a night, so it will be 39.50 a night. Anyone interested? Just trying to save some dough,

Quentin

I just finished arranging everything to come to OES. I'm beyond stoked to come and ride with other hardbooters!

Had a couple of quick questions though:

Are their going to be people there that are willing to take a free moment to critique riding skills (or lack of) and share info concerning technique and equipment?

Will there be any manufacturers' rep's with boards to demo?

I will be hitting town on Tuesday and riding Wednesday so drop a line if you plan on hitting the hill early!

Cheers,

Tim