Quick Question

Gleb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So that's why his posts were showing up in the top part of the windows but not the bottom? I thought it was an issue with the forum software, so I wrote to the admin/mods, got no news but was able to read his posts again after that.:confused:

yeah, it happened early yesterday morning, as to finding out.

Instead of saying Skidder, Alpine Ace, or Hardboot wizard, etc. etc. It says banned... I've seen one other banned user (Randy S). I only saw this because I was reading through threads and noticed it on their names. As for finding past banned users, i don't think you can. I'm sure the moderators decide who gets banned, since they all have the "power" to do so.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but I have a pretty damn good feeling about which of the moderators banned him purely by reading through threads and past messages posted.

I think he was flaming the mods again :nono: :nono: :nono:

correction (singular) only one mod... lol. that's pretty funny though. I've seen much worse from "stand up characters" here...

Randy S got banned for some of his comments over the lawsuit. PSR just got annoyed at being flamed by newbie tossers, which is a shame as he's a great guy and hugely knowledgeable.

Willy got banned? Damn, for a random dude he was pretty funny.

Having some one banned from BOL is not just based on the decision of one modorator. WW has been warned to many times, he was banned for 24 hours a few weeks ago and came back taunting again. There are some additional behind the scenes stuff that the public has not seen regarding his posts and behavior.

Honestly, aside from the comment that got him banned (I know what he said and it was pretty funny - but I won't repeat or I'll probably be severely reprimanded myself) I think willy's posts, while random at times, were pretty darn funny.

Snowboarding started as a bunch of disrespectful nonconformists. Willy lives up to that image to this day.

I hope the mods realize this and let him back on...but who nows if he wants to come back?

It is unfortunate, because the forum software does not give us any options on the term "banned". To be honest, I wish we could get one called "Taking a Time Out" as it would be a better description in most cases, just as it would be on this one.

WillyWhit is taking a little break, he is not banned forever at this point. We just felt the issues we where having with him (on and off-line) where becoming a bigger problem and we all need a break. Also, it is hard for me to tolerate someone going after one of the Mods.

I know we have used this analogy a lot but it still works. Bomber Online Forums is a public place but it is privately owned. The same can be said for a local bar. You go there to have a good time, relax, and chat with the locals. But if you act up, start mouthing off to the employees or owner, there is a good chance you might be asked to settle down or even leave.

Kudos for checkin in Fin. And thanks for wisely seeing the big picture.

Willy is just being Willy. He lives pretty far outside of the normal 9 to 5 envelope...and should be judged as such. He's a very passionate hardbooter though and unlike me loves to yammer on forever to strangers about how great carving is and BOL. He really should be on the payroll.

It's much more colorful to have all kinds of characters on a message board.

Ya know, most carving geeks are capable of deciding what is offensive themselves and then hit the "ignore all posts by this user" button.

I personally don't think BOL needs tweeker(s) behind the scenes (with a chip on their shoulder and an ax to grind ) sniff testing posts and deleting with no explanation. It seems a bit gutless. Lighten up.

Just stick to being spam janitors.

I read bomber at least as much for the 'characters' as for real info, but the bar analogy makes sense.I know nothing about this situation other than when I've seen willy's name on a post I've known it was going to be interesting and or funny.He doesn't know me nor do I know him, but I hope he'll be back.

thank you again, Fin, for giving us a place to waste our off-snow time

I'm sure most of us have been asked to leave bars at one point :eplus2:

No kidding, what else would I do at work? I think about 80% of my post time is at work.

As for WW, don't know the guy, but he sure had some entertaining posts, especially with all the random youtube vids he'd post.

Randy S - know nothing of him, other than that someone here posted a message that he frequents these forums occasionallly, but under a different name.

D-Sub - i'm just waiting for post # 3000 :eplus2:

Having some one banned from BOL is not just based on the decision of one modorator. WW has been warned to many times, he was banned for 24 hours a few weeks ago and came back taunting again. There are some additional behind the scenes stuff that the public has not seen regarding his posts and behavior.

?????

post-182-141842232154_thumb.jpg

just my .02 without the WW, D-sub et al:eplus2: this would be a slightly boring place. a little ribbing is necessary to keep things light. as long as its not a really rotten flame. leave it alone boys will be boys:eplus2: