Note to New Members ×

On Edge Style - OES, reviews

BlueB

Hey Boris,

I wish I were there and could try them out!

They look so nice, man.

I'm surprised that Hokkaido guys got those boards as well!

I started looking for a place I can practice slalom-skateboarding.

Hey Boris,

I wish I were there and could try them out!

They look so nice, man.

I'm surprised that Hokkaido guys got those boards as well!

I started looking for a place I can practice slalom-skateboarding.

Skateboarding, already? How long do you expect your snow season to last?

I paired the 185 with my home made "Apex style" plate and the 162 with the Vist (preffered plate by OES themselves).

We had decent snow for about 3 runs in the morning, after that it really slushed up...

OES Shaman GS 185 feels really good with my Plan B home made plate. Smoother, grippy... However, it was too much of a board when snow completely softened... Hopefully, I'll have some videos/photos of this.

Charmer SL 162 with Vist plate improved for slush ride, on the medium and steep pitches. I'd prefer it without on the greens. Took it over all 5 of the big park jumps in the pm, when the rest of the crew went home...

Skateboarding, already? How long do you expect your snow season to last?

I'm thinking but not yet. Snow still everywhere, not on paving though.

MSLM ski area I've beenriding is closed. They still have a lot of snow but enough visitors.

Cyperess was 6 digrees coler than city level. But here, almost the same temperature as city.

It's a hill!

• 11 months later...
I have a 175 Wide Fiberglass
The board is well built, has a good sound when knocked, thick edges, good finishing.
The boards runs well on normal and hero snow and I had great fun on it.
It is too stiff, too much even for my weight(115 kg).
Is even so stiff torsionally. Normally is a good thing but when is too much it makes some problems also because the board is 21 cm wide.
On ice maybe because of it is too stiff or because it is in fiberglass or both the board gave me some problems.

Good
Well built
Fun freeriding board
21 cm width
Very good Quality/Price

Bad
Too Stiff
Difficult on icy conditions
Edited by jacopodotti
Small corrections

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We tried to do it some years before but did not find any kind of interest from anyone around.

Now we will try find guys who can do test our production at ATC 2016  &  2016 ECES

On january 18th 2014, i did organize a hardbooters meeting (see picture) in Grandvalira resort (Andorra country in Pyrennées)

I work there as an instructor since 1999, and did organize that meeting in collaboration with Botadura (botadura.com) a spanish importator of hardboot gear.

We weren't very lucky because of the bad weather, but manage to do it.

You probably can spot two OES boards on the picture, the red and black one in the hands of a russian girl (can't remember the name, sorry) and on the far end, the white one against the wall of the house. (I think this one had a reverse taper).

As far as I know, I don't remember any previous contact in Andorra from OES to do some tests or gear presentation...

And it doesn't really matter...

It's just a pity that having the mountains so close to your factory, you couldn't become more well-known...

But of course, better late than never.

post-4537-0-80056900-1449946735_thumb.jp

Just a quick copy/paste from my Cypress thread, few days ago:

"Day turned out ok, snow and rain stoped by the time I got here. 3 cm overnight. Very few people. Variable viz but never a whiteout. Funny feeling sticky snow.
Brought ATV and OES SL. The later one handled the conditions better. I did bazillion runs in 2.5 hours."

• 1 month later...

A board have more power with same stiffness.

Next generation have replacement part of woodcore to composite.

Expensive. Board have only "H" stiffness already and ask aggressive ride. (this is mix of our world cup titanal construction, "classical" ski world cup construction and our kevlar technology).

What do you consider as more power, then? More rebound?

I'm also very interested in the cores. Do you mean some of the core thickness replaced by laminates (vertical plane)? Or, part of the core in horizontal plane replaced by synthetic materials?

More rebound. Also Spitired have not medium. Minimal stiffness is Hard.

Yes part of the woodcore in horizontal plane replaced by material with much more rebound than wood.

Use leg muscles for ride is bad way for this boards.

Only speed and high edge angle.

Edited by Alexey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great reviews, I'm in the market for something around the 162/3 size for tighter 'modified/Nastar-size' courses (I have a Kessler 171 for the slightly more open courses) and this is sounding better and better.

BlueB, did you ever ride the 162 SL with a plate, if so, how did that work out?

I'm trying to work out whether I would want a soft or a medium, would you have any suggestions Alexey?

I am 1.68m (5ft 6") and 79kg (175lb), I am fit, strong with good technique. The board will be mounted with a Vist, which may stiffen it a little. I mostly ride out West, where there is less ice, but I will have my biggest race, next February in Lake Placid, so that is my main criteria.

Thanks!

Edited by Emdee406

I paired the 185 with my home made "Apex style" plate and the 162 with the Vist (preffered plate by OES themselves).

We had decent snow for about 3 runs in the morning, after that it really slushed up

Charmer SL 162 with Vist plate improved for slush ride, on the medium and steep pitches. I'd prefer it without on the greens. Took it over all 5 of the big park jumps in the pm, when the rest of the crew went home...

BlueB, I just saw this, re; the plate. Thanks.

Edited by Emdee406

• 9 months later...

Loony 169, part II 

I pulled this out after long time... Boy, did I have good time! The hard pack was perfect this morning. I went to all sorts of pitches, from green to black and the edge never let go, weird feeling like being glued to snow! :) It's quick edge to edge, stable at speed, has rebound while being smooth. 

I also took it over few medium sized jumps and landings were surprisingly sure-footed for a 17cm wide board! 

When the snow softened and chopped a bit around lunchtime, I liked it a bit less... Maybe slightly more nose decamber on next generation would be in order? 

But that edge grip, still can't forget it! Probably the most I had from any board. 

• 1 month later...