Ultimate Carving Soundtrack

Jack M

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You got attention becuase the 10 people before you posted something related to the post. The post was about carving soundtrack and yes there was a contraint placed on it. That being that it had to be avaliable on iTunes. No one asked if iTunes was good or not.

BTW why do you hate Apple so much? I find that most are just jealous that they make so damn much money. Plus they make a pretty good product. If you don't like 'em don't buy there stuff. Just don't go around and spout off about how much it sucks. Why does it suck?

->Ben

I remember being in Cupertino in the mid-90s and all the talk was about who would buy Apple's campus when it went under. At the time, graphic artists and the like defended Apple like it was a baby seal. Now all of a sudden Apple's too big and too rich. Makes me laugh.

somehow i can't see listening to anything with lyrics while riding... for a carving video there are quite a lot that come to mind, but i would stick with electronic music or at least no vocals, it's too distracting from the rhythm and flow of the carving

my list would be

1-Eutow by Autechre

2-Everything is Alive by Beef Terminal www.beefterminal.com local Toronto artist, you can stream off the site.. such hard hitting beats and cool melodic background :)

3- Chromakey Dreamcoat - Boards of Canada

also noteworthy is the solo off of Precious by Depeche Mode :)

Derf you like Matthew Good Band!?!? That came out of nowhere! I haven't met many people who like them, but they are easily my favorite band in the world and I listen to a lot of music. Did you go to the concerts these past years? I have plenty of bootlegs if you like! They are great live, they put a sort of new spin on the old post-grungish Beautiful Midnight/Audio Of Being stuff making it more classic rock/country/bluesish it's quite good

so probably like metal right? :D

Black Label Society-Low Down

System Of A Down -Chop Suey

I'm not sure if The Dillinger Escape Plan music is available but they sure do make your turns more hardcore. I listen to totally different music when I'm carving. My person favourite artists are Al Di Meola, Steve Vai and other guitar gods.

Derf you like Matthew Good Band!?!? That came out of nowhere! I haven't met many people who like them, but they are easily my favorite band in the world and I listen to a lot of music. Did you go to the concerts these past years? I have plenty of bootlegs if you like! They are great live, they put a sort of new spin on the old post-grungish Beautiful Midnight/Audio Of Being stuff making it more classic rock/country/bluesish it's quite good

Yeah, I'm a big fan, I have all their/his albums (including Loser Anthems) except Lo-Fi B-Sides (very few people have it). I've seen them/him 3 times (Beautiful Midnight, Loser Anthems and Avalanche), I even got a pick at one show and had him autograph my ticket (Loser Anthems tour). I think he is one of the rare modern musicians who puts out great music with great lyrics.

Like I said, he is among my favorites with Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes and Les Cowboys Fringants (Québécois band, you shurely heard of them).

O Fortuna (From Carmina Burana) - Boston Symphony Orchestra

LA Woman- The Doors

Jessica- The Allman Bros. Band

I actually dont listen while riding, but have songs going through my head. Alot of them are ones that most of you would probally never have heard of like "Variations on a Korean Folk Song" by John Barnes Chance, "Buffalo Jump Ritual" played by the UI Wind Ensemble or almost anything from Klaus Badelt (pirates of the carribean, K-19 The Widowmaker). Maybe I'll try listening to music while riding this year.

________

E cigarette

long vermont roads, the magnetic fields

Gouge away, the pixies

the balad of bodacious, primus

I had a yellow prime 178 that was my lender that I named after the bull because a few friends ****ed themselves up riding that thing

"Who's gonna ride Bodacious?

Who's gonna tame him down?

Look out for Bodacious,

he's bound to hold his ground.

Here comes Bodacious,

ya'll just step aside.

Big and bad ass Bodacious

takes a toll from those who ride.

Big and bad ass Bodacious

will take a big ol' hunk o' yer pride."