Note to New Members ×

Odd Names

LeeW

Guest Randy S.

There's a Czech company called Trans that makes a board called a "Bastard". Pretty funny name.

I used to have a Funky snowboard.

I always thought Hot should make a board called "Flash".

I always like mistral. I remember demoing one their boards back in the early nineties. It had and crazy tip almost like a smaller tip on top the real one. was a great ride though much better then the burton air 5.1 I was riding at the time

My first carving board, the old Ecstasy 167 asym. Of course I blew that one up and two others like it but have one in the corner of the garage. They had good names for a couple other models - can't remember now.

I can't believe you LeeW - you left out your favorite board's original name!

LIBERACE TECHNOLOGIES

And yes, it was named for Liberace

postcard6.jpg

:lol:

true. I didnt come that far. I thought Lib Tech was cool. Just didn't bother with the history of how it came to be. Yea, Liberace. They were threatened with a lawsuit over the name, so they changed it to Lib Tech. :)

Another couple of 'em:

Happy Monkey

Pogo

Anyone ever heard of Head Bone snowboards? A friend of mine started it when there were very few board makers, maybe Burton, Sims and one other besides Head Bone.

Head Bone went under when he contracted with some snowboard builders in Washington state and they decided to keep his money and not build the boards (if there was a smiley for a stoner, I would insert here). His money was literally burned and the company went down in flames :flamethro

I need to call him to get the actual dates of this operation,

--Hugh

that named one of their boards Anthrax right before that s*** went down in DC. Talk about poor timing.

Volkl, I know a few people who have those boards, they got prototypes before all the crazy stuff started happening. I don't know if the main shipment ever did make it through customs.