Note to New Members ×

Morning Routine Essentials: Prepping for a Perfect Day on the Slopes

lamby

Hey fellow alpine enthusiasts! As the snowboarding season approaches, I’m curious about your routines before hitting the slopes. What are the things you do now that you might not have done when you first started riding, or perhaps some unique tips you've picked up along the way?

I'll kick things off. I always make sure to:

Clean my Goggle lenses: I clean my goggle lenses and prescription inserts, and I treat my inserts with an anti-for agent.

Traction Devices: On days with slippery snow or icy road/pathway conditions, I've started using traction devices to safely navigate my way to the lifts. No more slips and slides!

Checklist: I use a checklist that I have scribbled on a piece of paper to make sure I don’t forget anything. Do you use a checklist, or are you still young and not forgetful?

I'm curious to know about your morning routines. Do you have a specific order you follow? Any lucky charms or habits that help you start the day right? Whether it's about gear, food, music, or just your mindset, share your tips and tricks for prepping for a perfect day on the slopes. Can't wait to learn from your experiences!" 🏂❄️👍

My biggest prep is making sure I have everything. I have a note in Google Keep Notes with all my stuff listed. Easy to run through the night before to make sure you don't forget gloves or something silly. 

Then remember to set an alarm!  

Everything is in a boot bag. All I have to do is get dressed and bring the bag + boards. I make it so if I'm half dead, it will be very hard to **** it up.

If I had a private garage or such, I would even load up the car beforehand so it's even harder to **** up.

• Like 1

As I’ve gotten older I need a place for everything or I can’t find it when I need it.  All my kit is in its plave and just needs to be picked up on the way out.

my prep is pre-season start to make sure that everything is ready.

I still f it up, despite this!  I feel you @Odd Job

• Haha 1

board zone dedicated in basement. boot and apparel zone too. boards and boot bag prepped days prior and/or confirmed night before. lunch, body/mind fuel prepped night before to pack cooler on way out the door. fuel check and topped off day prior. goggle lenses decided upon arrival and what the sky looks like. softies or alpine decided upon arrival based on conditions, car traffic and mood. stretch and limber up. suit up. ride.

the spoiled condo routine is a deviated version of above. never leave without having coffee first.

Edited by dhamann
  • Like 1

I pack the night before (like everyone else) including boards but before leaving I physically point to my body parts to be sure I have everything, starting with my feet. If you saw me standing in my driveway pointing at my body parts you'd probably wonder WTF I was doing.

Boards

Boots

Warm leg layers

Shell for legs (if I'm not wearing them)

Knee braces

Left knee pad

Back Brace

Spine Protector

Warm upper layer

Extra upper layer

Coat/Shell

Glove liners

Mittens

Extra Mittens

Neck Gator

Face Mask

Skull Cap

Helmet

Goggles

Extra Lenses

Camelbak

I back the car out then usually get out and run through the checklist a second time 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Coffee!!! As long as that’s down the hatch, everything else sorts itself out.  I also usually have a little pile of clothes on the dining table with wool, outer clothes, mittens, goggles and helmet that I set out the night before.  Grabbing my boots and the most appropriate board for the weather on the way out has become second nature.  Then crank the bluetooth in the car to earsplitting levels.  Everybody in the house knows not to talk to me before my morning runs on the weekend.  If I’m not the first on the lift on saturday/sunday I get really sulky.

• Like 2

My whole day's demeanor depends on An Early Start!    If I'm going to Heavenly or Northstar  to get a primo parking spot (aka- 5 minutes from the lift!) I gotta be up at 5:30am, driving by 6am parked by 6:30 and sitting in Starbucks by 7am.

A hot chocolate and classic oatmeal breakfast while relaxing until 8am and then go stand in line for the doors to open or lift to start spinning by 8:30.

If I get behind schedule even 15 minutes it crowds and chaos the whole day!!   

Edited by barryj
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...