Note to New Members ×

Is this end of my boarding years?

Ladia

Well after 3 year fighting bladder cancer 8 surgeries and 1.5 year on chemo,  I had 2 days ago  entire bladder and prostate removed and piss hole was made in my belly. Of course one bag on belly and second on leg. Pretty much I am invalid. 3 weeks ago I did 60 miles backpacking trip at Sierra. After 33 years on boards and 25 on skis before this looks end of the road. Very sad,I can probably ride this web page only😪

• Sad 11

7 hours ago, Ladia said:

Well after 3 year fighting bladder cancer 8 surgeries and 1.5 year on chemo,  I had 2 days ago  entire bladder and prostate removed and piss hole was made in my belly. Of course one bag on belly and second on leg. Pretty much I am invalid. 3 weeks ago I did 60 miles backpacking trip at Sierra. After 33 years on boards and 25 on skis before this looks end of the road. Very sad,I can probably ride this web page only😪

Please never give up, that is the first rule, then believe in your power inside, not the doctors.  I will share a link to a new crazy healing it is unreal stuff. I have been doing this for a few weeks now once a week, the first day I did this my left shoulder that I screwed up two years ago which I could not even touch my back with that arm was like it never happened.  This stuff heals many people from cancer and all types of stuff people write in all the time read stories, it is very new I will guarantee you have one within 1 hour from where you live.  They are popping up everywhere, they are not allowed to charge more than $60 per hour. I do 2-hour session once a week.  Then please get back on the snow!!! 

Home | UNIFYD Healing

18 hours ago, Mike Kildevaeld said:

Please never give up, that is the first rule, then believe in your power inside, not the doctors.  I will share a link to a new crazy healing it is unreal stuff. I have been doing this for a few weeks now once a week, the first day I did this my left shoulder that I screwed up two years ago which I could not even touch my back with that arm was like it never happened.  This stuff heals many people from cancer and all types of stuff people write in all the time read stories, it is very new I will guarantee you have one within 1 hour from where you live.  They are popping up everywhere, they are not allowed to charge more than $60 per hour. I do 2-hour session once a week.  Then please get back on the snow!!! 

Home | UNIFYD Healing

The last thing this guy needs is some snake oil crap. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

The last thing this guy needs is some snake oil crap. 

So, you have already tried it?  Just trying to help Neil.  It has worked for many others maybe you should try it and if it does nothing then tell us your opinion.  I went into this trying to fix my head from many concussions, and I came out feeling great. The last thing I was trying to fix was my shoulder and that was the most obvious thing because I could move my left arm like normal after 2 years of not being able to...

My arm is no comparison, but many people have healed all types of cancer and other things. If you don't want to go, by all means don't go.  I would like to have people TRY to help me if I was in this situation that is for sure.  

So sorry to hear Buddy!  I always enjoyed crossing paths with you at the resorts and the many chair rides and runs we shared!

I feel ya!    I'd say try to enjoy your retirement!   At least that's my sentiment for myself being on the AIL list  for all of this season....if not longer depending on how my ankle surgery goes next month!  

Keep riding here to stay in touch!

@Ladia You will almost certainly miss all of this Northern season, but that is major surgery and no matter how fit you were beforehand, it will take some months to recover even if things go smoothly. There is one hell of a lot of healing for your body to do. Your preop fitness will make a big and positive difference to the chances of a good recovery from the op. You will likely feel tired and lacking energy for quite a while as your body gets on with the work of repairing the surgical wound.

Getting your head around managing a stoma and what's possible with a bag(s) will take a while.

Wait and see how you are placed at the end of next summer before saying the carving part of your life is over. Best wishes

• Like 1

Hi guys thanks for support and Alan for medical advice. After one week I can see recovery will be long, painful and frustrating.Everything is rather overwhelming. I guess I will only ride this web page, so please post videos, pictures of new boards and so on. And have a nice season.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:06 AM, Ladia said:

After a summer of physical therapy, I finally get back on the forums to whine and lament my post-operatives woes on the "AIL "Alpine Injured List" thread, and the first thing I read is this.  Now my problems don't seem so serious.  I still plan to whine about them, but now I'll wait another week so as not to be feel embarrassed doing so.

There nothing I can say to take the edge off a bummer outcome; you have my best wishes, for what that's worth.  You're a fighter, keep fighting.  Snowboarding is such as small thing when faced with stuff like this.

I know someone in Whitefish who lost their bladder to bladder cancer, but they had Neobladder reconstruction afterwards -- constructing an artificial bladder from intestine material.  I suppose after 8 surgeries that option may have already passed, but if not, ask your doctors about it.  It is not snake oil.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/neobladder-reconstruction/about/pac-20385066

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so sorry to hear of this Ladia, I knew you had been battling health woes for some time but I had no idea how serious. I hope a bit of luck comes your way, and hastens you to a strong recovery. Every healthy day is a fortune; thanks for the reminder to complain a little less and be grateful.