Note to New Members ×

Scene at MCC23 - Post your pix and tales here!

ibrussell

In answer to John E, 75+ are attending, from as far away as New Zealand, England, Canada and the East Coast. As far as the mix of HB vs SB, it was roughly 80% HB yesterday, and 80% SB today with the powder, and no doubt will be back to 80% HB tomorrow for sunshine and groom.

This picture is Diana with her awesome shirt: "Yes, I do have a retirement plan; I plan on snowboarding!"

shirt.jpg

• Like 7

That was awesome. 

Came a day late and bugged out a day early (Gramma needs me), but had unreal groomers on my first day and box seats for the next pow day. 

If you’re wondering if you should go, do it. Turner is a great mountain… the vertical is there, the pitch is super consistent (starting mellow, becoming progressively steeper as you descend) and the glading is about the best I’ve seen, where logger / skiers seem to do it for fun. 

I’d have to say that the crew of people in attendance are some of the best people I’ve had a chance to slide and hang with. 

Finally, massive thanks to the Redman’s and Turner Mountain for some rad times. Love you guys and see you next year. 

• Like 5

On 2/9/2023 at 6:06 AM, Jack M said:

Great shots carvedog!  Oh man I hate when I do this to myself!!!

16e1318485e04e11f690bbb76b61b6e4

There was a lot of this going on. Carver (actual name) rips on whatever he is on. His Dad team carving with him in the background. New Nikon 7ii. And they say it’s not a ‘sports’ camera with up to 10 frames per second full frame 45 mp. Worked great for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carvedog said:

There was a lot of this going on. Carver (actual name) rips on whatever he is on. His Dad team carving with him in the background. New Nikon 7ii. And they say it’s not a ‘sports’ camera with up to 10 frames per second full frame 45 mp. Worked great for me. 

Is that the dude with the dark beard?  So many pics of him killing it!