Note to New Members ×

Close call

workshop7

A friend of mine took video of me doing some relaxed turns on my BXFR on our way to the lodge for an end of the day beer on the deck in the sun at Steamboat Springs.  We came inches from colliding.  Sharp eyes will see me change my turn radius with a lift of the front foot at the last second.

• LOL 2

Great friend and super positive guy.  He hoots and hollers like that all the time.  You can't really tell from the video but he had come down the fall line and to the side of me too much.  He then tried to come closer again, but from the side...my blind side.  When I finally saw him he was headed right at me.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, workshop7 said:

A friend of mine took video of me doing some relaxed turns on my BXFR on our way to the lodge for an end of the day beer on the deck in the sun at Steamboat Springs.  We came inches from colliding.  Sharp eyes will see me change my turn radius with a lift of the front foot at the last second.

GUY...................that's what friends are for. If I had the IT talent to upload a video, I would have chosen Dionne Warwicks, "That's what friends are for" Video. 

P.S I had my work crew up to LOON a couple weeks ago. 80% of them cant turn or stop, their only way to stop or turn was by objects, like fences, humans, snow piles, moguls and trees.  In the lodge while handing them their lift tickets and ski rental vouchers as they all arrived, I had advised them to stay on Snubber lift which has 3 good beginner runs to chose from, then they could start migrating East as they figured out how to turn and stop.

NOPE one run on Snubber then they were at the headwall of Flume. The same guy almost killed me twice. 

- The first encounter was a clip to the back knee while he was in a TOP GUN like jet wash spin, as I was heading to dig another JOEY out of a mogul field that just disintegrated that gentleman at full speed. 

- The second near death encounter was the next run. While I was kneeling up hill at the lower flume headwall, keeping track of my JOEYS coming down upper flume, I see this same cat, coming straight down upper flume, but way on the other side of the trail. As I'm counting off my JOEYS. All of a sudden I hear people from the NP quad screaming "LOOK OUT" I look to my left, and there he was barreling right at me as I'm defenseless on my knees. He launches off the cat track, both skis aimed right into my neck and throat, I jump up at the last second, so his ski's would only hit my collar bone and ribs. We then tumble together into a mogul field 50 yards down hill. Full blown concussion for me, his ski's ripped through my jacket and leather Giv'r gloves. 

sorry to thread jack you !

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

GUY...................that's what friends are for. If I had the IT talent to upload a video, I would have chosen Dionne Warwicks, "That's what friends are for" Video. 

P.S I had my work crew up to LOON a couple weeks ago. 80% of them cant turn or stop, their only way to stop or turn was by objects, like fences, humans, snow piles, moguls and trees.  In the lodge while handing them their lift tickets and ski rental vouchers as they all arrived, I had advised them to stay on Snubber lift which has 3 good beginner runs to chose from, then they could start migrating East as they figured out how to turn and stop.

NOPE one run on Snubber then they were at the headwall of Flume. The same guy almost killed me twice. 

- The first encounter was a clip to the back knee while he was in a TOP GUN like jet wash spin, as I was heading to dig another JOEY out of a mogul field that just disintegrated that gentleman at full speed. 

- The second near death encounter was the next run. While I was kneeling up hill at the lower flume headwall, keeping track of my JOEYS coming down upper flume, I see this same cat, coming straight down upper flume, but way on the other side of the trail. As I'm counting off my JOEYS. All of a sudden I hear people from the NP quad screaming "LOOK OUT" I look to my left, and there he was barreling right at me as I'm defenseless on my knees. He launches off the cat track, both skis aimed right into my neck and throat, I jump up at the last second, so his ski's would only hit my collar bone and ribs. We then tumble together into a mogul field 50 yards down hill. Full blown concussion for me, his ski's ripped through my jacket and leather Giv'r gloves. 

WTF!  All that and your surround receiver is shitting the bed as well.

• LOL 1

On 3/16/2022 at 5:38 AM, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

Coming in HOT!

• LOL 1