Note to New Members ×

Trying to get in touch with All Board Sports

Mike T

I emailed them a few weeks ago about some Mountain Slope boots and I got a phone call in return the next day. I was told that he was expecting to have boots in a few days and that he'd call again when the boots were ready to go. He said the price was $1200 and that I should plan on getting different liners because the stock liners were junk.

I never got a call and seeing that a pair of boots and new liners/footbeds would end up in the $1500 range I moved on and bought some Deeluxe boots from Sean at Donek.

I really wanted to try the Mountain slope boots for obvious reasons but the price was more than I could stomach and the lack of a call back closed the deal.

The gent from All Mountain was very good to talk with and seemed to know the boots well. He seems like a good guy and I'll bet the boots rock but I couldn't go that far.

dave

3 hours ago, David Kirk said:

I emailed them a few weeks ago about some Mountain Slope boots and I got a phone call in return the next day. I was told that he was expecting to have boots in a few days and that he'd call again when the boots were ready to go. He said the price was $1200 and that I should plan on getting different liners because the stock liners were junk.

I never got a call and seeing that a pair of boots and new liners/footbeds would end up in the $1500 range I moved on and bought some Deeluxe boots from Sean at Donek.

I really wanted to try the Mountain slope boots for obvious reasons but the price was more than I could stomach and the lack of a call back closed the deal.

The gent from All Mountain was very good to talk with and seemed to know the boots well. He seems like a good guy and I'll bet the boots rock but I couldn't go that far.

dave

I got over 100 days out of my stock liners, I thought they were great.  YMMV, I am a size 28 which puts me at the long end of the C shell, maybe that gets me a better liner, idk.  I assume that to accomplish the more granular sizes within a shell size, they make up the difference with different liners.  Previously I was an Intuition user for many many years.  I will replace my stock liners now, probably with Intuition although Zipfit is tempting.

Also check i-carve.com for price.

For me, the MS .951 WC was perfect out of the box.  With UPZ and Deeluxe I had to spend money on modifications (liners, tongues, BTS) making the price difference basically a wash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All board sports is now operated by someone else than Bola from what I heard and Eric @Mr.E buys stuff from him. 

Regards to .951, this is my 5th season and it is well worth the $$ you drop and I am sure I have spent between $1500-$2000 in total for custom foot beds, new liner/mold, extra parts, etc. 

The boots is on different level!

Positives:

- very similar flex feel on different temperature (some boots get super stiff at cold temp and noodle at hot temp)

- super easy to get in and out 

- changing forward lean spring is less than 5min to change, change to different tongue is literally 5 sec

- i don’t have huge mileage like some riders but I have over 150-200 days on it and only thing that broke is the wire for buckle and change is 5min and I did it on the slope.

- I can change the tongue and spring to softer and now I got a powder boots with much softer flex (5min job)

- I never unbuckle during the day (>20k vertical ft day)

- who wouldn’t want legendary yellow boots???? 😆 

i used to think its price was negative but I really don’t Bc it pays for itself in my comfort and I know it performs how I want the boots to. I remember people used to gasp/flame me for buying such a expensive boots but all I can say is #hatersgonnahate 🤣 

well worth it!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rich is the man in the shop at the moment and does all the local stuff and online/ shipping. Nice dude. I haven't popped in for a bit, but the current location is appointment only. Give him another ping. Since it's just one guy part time it might not be the most regular hours.

22 hours ago, Q's said:

Yo Mike- I’m in the same boat…time to replace my 14yr old Deeluxe 700’s and have decided on MS boots- contemplating standard instead of WC…is there a big difference between the two?

Check material for both on MS web site

I trust shape of the shell is exactly the same

Stiffness comes from material [lateral one]

Btw I assume pinching wc is a little bit more difficult since grilamid wants to get back to its original shape... But it's still doable

Also depending on material stiffness fluctuates depending on temperature e.g. standard fluctuates more than wc, wc changes stiffness more than rd

I chose RD since it was annoying having stiff boots in cold weather any getting then softer when it's getting warmers (it was not MS boots, I just wanted to be 100% sure it won't happen with 1k+ boots)

Just some thoughts

Edited by rst
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up- last time I checked (maybe a week or two ago) they have all the shell sizes and all the flexes (but not necissarilly all the combos there of). They also just landed a bunch of Mountain Slope boot bags that are the briefcase style. So much lower profile than they typical triangle bags.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo9rypsASQ/

Edited by Mr.E