Note to New Members ×

SOLD. Thirst Superconductor, INFO UPDATE

1xsculler

Smothered in Mark Miller’s magic sauce (and, yes, I am a believer that Mark has developed special boards especially for the carver trying to reach the next level). After making my first turn on a Thirst I thought, OMGOSH, this is a different animal  I’ll have to admit I have thought the same when first getting on some of the Coilers I have owned  

I will keep one Coiler and one Thirst in my quiver and concentrate on those two boards. I’d love to keep this one but I am trying NOT to be a collector of snowboards which often takes more self discipline than I can muster. 

Left foot forward, W.A.R.P., Rc3t, ex-cl, and all of Mark’s current technologies. Don’t ask me what all of those letters and numbers mean. I believe the side cut radius is a different shape on each side and is designed for either left foot forward (regular) or right foot forward (goofy).

Go to the Thirst website for a full description of the SC. This board: 175, 19 waist, flex index=.217.

about $1200 new...will sell for $650 including shipping, stomppad not included  

condition: 9/10

I am waiting for PayPal $, and a friend will hopefully deliver it to MCC or I can ship it.

F1B79C43-EEE9-4835-BBFE-37763D7981F9.jpeg

A925F4E8-805D-4435-A465-1F632561998D.jpeg

6E37C5BC-FD07-4C9E-A234-84C2FFF68B81.jpeg

• Like 4

That looks a lot like the demo I first rode. Maybe not the same board, but similar vintage with a carbonium topsheet. I'd almost consider buying it, but for the stomp pad. That's a deal breaker.:ices_ange

I liked it so much I asked if I could buy it after riding for an afternoon, and he wouldn't let me have it.

@BLOODTYPEZX10R is this the board that was at MCC last year? If so I absolutely loved this board. Super stable and LIGHTNING fast edge transitions. I don't remember it ever losing grip either.  $650 is a great deal.  I plan on getting one just like it except extra stiff to put up with my oafishness.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

That looks a lot like the demo I first rode. Maybe not the same board, but similar vintage with a carbonium topsheet. I'd almost consider buying it, but for the stomp pad. That's a deal breaker.:ices_ange

I liked it so much I asked if I could buy it after riding for an afternoon, and he wouldn't let me have it.

He came close to telling me no too. It probably is the same board. I’ll throw in the stomp pad. 
$550 plus shipping. Yes it does hold an edge extremely well. You guys are talking me into keeping it. 
I should re-measure the waist to be sure. I normally like a 20 or 20.5 but I also like the quicker transitions of a slightly more narrow board. 

21 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

He came close to telling me no too. It probably is the same board. I’ll throw in the stomp pad. 
$550 plus shipping. Yes it does hold an edge extremely well. You guys are talking me into keeping it. 
I should re-measure the waist to be sure. I normally like a 20 or 20.5 but I also like the quicker transitions of a slightly more narrow board. 

Sorry, I was just joking about buying. I had a Super made to my specs, but I really did like this one. And I actually have a new stomp pad here waiting for my next Thirst which just came out of the press yesterday!

You're putting a lot of nice boards out there at bargain prices for some lucky carvers. Thanks for that!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigwavedave said:

Sorry, I was just joking about buying. I had a Super made to my specs, but I really did like this one. And I actually have a new stomp pad here waiting for my next Thirst which just came out of the press yesterday!

You're putting a lot of nice boards out there at bargain prices for some lucky carvers. Thanks for that!

Just trying to share some nice boards without it breaking my bank account. My most generous act was trading my nearly new custom K168 to Bruce for one of his boards because he had done so much nice stuff for me. Much to my surprise he sent two new boards to me...a truely great guy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ohob said:

Lol! Snowburn can take it. I have an 8rw and an XC that will be coming of the press this weekend. Mark wanted to send me this Super to demo, just curious as to what it is. 

Kinda same here lol. Bought marks personal 8rw - and a custom 9sw on order. Got really no business browsing the for sale section. The addiction is real 😅

Edited by Tddragon
  • Haha 3

• 1xsculler changed the title to Thirst Superconductor, INFO UPDATE