Note to New Members ×

SOLD. Thirst Superconductor, INFO UPDATE

1xsculler

Buyer Beware!! I have to say this was the worst buy sell experience on this site. I sent Bob the $550.00 for the board and he said his (friend) would deliver to MCC since he wasn't going. Come to find out he kinda knows this guy but not very well. (first red flag) then he wasn't sure Bob could get the board to this so called friend and would ship it instead but wanted 150.00 dollars to cover shipping. Seeing how that was a outrageous amount I refused to prepay that much and should only be around 25-50 dollars to ship from Washington state to Montana through USPS economy. I requested a shipping quote either with USPS or UPS. He said USPS wont let anyone in the building for quotes (fishy) and he would print out one online at home and wont do it without $150.00. Well come to find out he wants me to pay $25 for a donation and to recoup $25 for his shipping costs to get the board to him originally plus shipping of his choice. Then I asked why his ad said $650.00 shipped and he is now asking $50 dollars more? That's when he refunded my money without discussion and said afterwards he's not willing to sell it for less than he had into it. I think this guy is a little shady for me so good luck If you purchase anything from him because he's not quite telling the whole truth upfront.   

8 minutes ago, snowburn said:

Buyer Beware!! I have to say this was the worst buy sell experience on this site. I sent Bob the $550.00 for the board and he said his (friend) would deliver to MCC since he wasn't going. Come to find out he kinda knows this guy but not very well. (first red flag) then he wasn't sure Bob could get the board to this so called friend and would ship it instead but wanted 150.00 dollars to cover shipping. Seeing how that was a outrageous amount I refused to prepay that much and should only be around 25-50 dollars to ship from Washington state to Montana through USPS economy. I requested a shipping quote either with USPS or UPS. He said USPS wont let anyone in the building for quotes (fishy) and he would print out one online at home and wont do it without $150.00. Well come to find out he wants me to pay $25 for a donation and to recoup $25 for his shipping costs to get the board to him originally plus shipping of his choice. Then I asked why his ad said $650.00 shipped and he is now asking $50 dollars more? That's when he refunded my money without discussion and said afterwards he's not willing to sell it for less than he had into it. I think this guy is a little shady for me so good luck If you purchase anything from him because he's not quite telling the whole truth upfront.   

Very surprised. Other folks seemed to have a great experience with Bob in the last on transactions. Not sure what happened here. FYI new thirst board is 1200 or so. And even the used 8rw I purchased was 800. But since  it says 650 shipped - he should honor that. 

A thousand misunderstandings which I will, but shouldn’t, take total blame for.

Snowburn and I will have to move on.

The board is still for sale for my exact cost which equals $550 plus $25 to get it from Mark to me plus $25 to donate to Jack for this wonderful website plus USPS Priority shipping so you will have it before MCC. 

In my experience USPS Priority costs very, very little more than USPS Parcel Post. 

If anyone is interested send me your full address and I’ll create a label so we know the shipping cost. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

A thousand misunderstandings which I will, but shouldn’t, take total blame for.

Snowburn and I will have to move on.

The board is still for sale for my exact cost which equals $550 plus $25 to get it from Mark to me plus $25 to donate to Jack for this wonderful website plus USPS Priority shipping so you will have it before MCC. 

In my experience USPS Priority costs very, very little more than USPS Parcel Post. 

If anyone is interested send me your full address and I’ll create a label so we know the shipping cost. 

So like ad originally said - 650 shipped?:)

Also check out parcelmonkey.com for shipping quotes. Crazy cheap UPS deals etc 

I’m sorry this has gotten messy. It’s probably my fault. 

Bottom line:  back to my original listing.

$650 including shipping, PayPal xheacox.@gmail friends and family and I will ship it tomorrow. 

I will give Snowburn until 8:00 pm PST and Grip until 10:00 and after that I may take of off the market OR I will sell it to the next willing person. 
I hope this keeps my reputation intact. 
I had my best day yet at Crystal today, total bluebird day, 20°, 6” of new over super grooming. I should get the same tomorrow and Friday. 
You’ll get to meet Tony Blackwell at MCC. He’s a great guy striving  to carve with the best if you. 

34 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

misunderstandings which I will, but shouldn’t, take total blame for

Its all you. You sold me a board for 550.00. Correct? Then you tell me after I refuse to pay 150.00 for shipping that you don't want to sell board for less than what you put into it. That would be 550.00 Correct? Plus any shipping costs which you never gave me an real quote and continued to request 150.00. 

37 minutes ago, davekempmeister said:

"shady" people don't refund money.  

just sayin'.

many levels of shady. trying to save face here.

9 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

I’m sorry this has gotten messy. It’s probably my fault. 

Bottom line:  back to my original listing.

$650 including shipping, PayPal xheacox.@gmail friends and family and I will ship it tomorrow. 

I will give Snowburn until 8:00 pm PST and Grip until 10:00 and after that I may take of off the market OR I will sell it to the next willing person. 
I hope this keeps my reputation intact. 
I had my best day yet at Crystal today, total bluebird day, 20°, 6” of new over super grooming. I should get the same tomorrow and Friday. 
You’ll get to meet Tony Blackwell at MCC. He’s a great guy striving  to carve with the best if you. 

I messaged you first originally I am pretty sure:) if snowburn doesn't take it I will PayPal 650 right away and take the orange beauty off your hands 🙂

5 minutes ago, snowburn said:

Its all you. You sold me a board for 550.00. Correct? Then you tell me after I refuse to pay 150.00 for shipping that you don't want to sell board for less than what you put into it. That would be 550.00 Correct? Plus any shipping costs which you never gave me an real quote and continued to request 150.00. 

many levels of shady. trying to save face here.

He is still right though. Don't call people "shady" that refund your money right away. Doesn't mean he went about it the right way. But "shady" implies usually some kind of screwing you over or stealing. he has done a good amount of transactions on this forum and many people can vouch for him. Easy jumping to conclusions. 

5 minutes ago, Tddragon said:

Doesn't mean he went about it the right way. But "shady" implies usually some kind of screwing you over or stealing. he has done a good amount of transactions on this forum and many people can vouch for him. Easy jumping to conclusions.

Here in Montana our word and a handshake is our BOND. A deal is a deal. And when deals start changing it gets shady. 

24 minutes ago, snowburn said:

Here in Montana our word and a handshake is our BOND. A deal is a deal. And when deals start changing it gets shady. 

On its way tomorrow afternoon when $ show up. I can’t get it out tonight or I would. 
I am sorry for mucking this up. 
As I always do I will donate to Jack in support of his good work for us freaks if nature (me, not you). 

• Like 2

seems like misunderstanding to me.

I read it as:
$550 shipped was for Friend Price to Big Wave Dave (with stump-pad).
Getting it to MCC was probably as a favor so people can enjoy it.

Road to hell is build on good intention and PM/email can sometime be difficult to covey intent. 
I am sure if you meet in real person; you guys would be laughing over this.

Life is to0 short to hold grudges and in this small circle of ours i hate to see animosity among potential life time friend.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, snowburn said:

Our deal went through with a set price. Easier to set a price so both parties are in full agreement without the grey areas. 

Now we can be friends. 

Perfect. (Still) glad that you will get to try your first thirst:) and expect a super detailed review for bowing out 😂

Glad that your deal happened. I guess I will have to still be Thirsty, I will have to order one for myself. Can't afford full price this year as I am waiting on a Contra to be built that will hopefully be built soon, Decemberish was Bruce's reply to my order last Feb. I'm sure Corona has made orders kinda funky now. 

14 minutes ago, boardguru said:

Glad that your deal happened. I guess I will have to still be Thirsty, I will have to order one for myself. Can't afford full price this year as I am waiting on a Contra to be built that will hopefully be built soon, Decemberish was Bruce's reply to my order last Feb. I'm sure Corona has made orders kinda funky now. 

Bruce builds an awesome board too. 

30 minutes ago, workshop7 said:

I feel like any donation made to this website should be made  at the expense of the seller.  It costs the seller money to sell on eBay.  Why should a buyer be expected to pay a donation?

I think this seller has donated more $$ to this site than you know, while at the same time giving exceptional deals on great boards that have seen little use. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

I think this seller has donated more $$ to this site than you know, while at the same time giving exceptional deals on great boards that have seen little use. 

Exactly. Which allows this awesome community to continue existing aside from helping the sport as a whole as well. 

This isn't a huge Corp like ebay. It's a niche within a niche. 

13 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

Ok who's alt is this???

Maybe he just can't read 🙂