Note to New Members ×

Is this photoshopped?

Dan

This is an image on the Mt Hood Meadows website right now. The shadow on the upper edge of that rooster tail looks iffy to me, what do you think? And is there something off about the body position and the apparent edge angle?

1920SnowboardGroomMt1200.jpg?la=en

1 hour ago, SunSurfer said:

Not so sure. If Photoshopped someone has gone to the trouble of putting accurate cord reflections on the ptex surface near the nose.

There is a spot on the mountain where you might get that cord with that backdrop - I think the groomers use it to turn around or something. It often has perfect groom, but it's above the top of a lift so the only way to ride it is hike up. Hiking up only gets you about a 50 foot run before you're back at the top of the lift, so there's not much point and the groom stays fresh even late in the day. The funny thing is I wouldn't have thought there was enough pitch there to build enough speed for the turn she appears to be making.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

The funny thing is I wouldn't have thought there was enough pitch there to build enough speed for the turn she appears to be making.

What if she's sliding and not carving?

You guys need a hobby! This is not photoshopped. There's no reason to!

7 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Not so sure. If Photoshopped someone has gone to the trouble of putting accurate cord reflections on the ptex surface near the nose.

Photoshopped too. No distortion from curvature of the board. Reflection is done in a screen space. Never seen some a weekend warrior with so polished snowboard - usually rusty, dull edges, and oxidation all over the base 🤣

And curvature of the bend  snowboard is weird too...