Note to New Members ×

Burton PJ Goofy and Carving - Race Boards

Brent Bathon

Flashback to the Late 80's and Early to Mid 90's...

Looking for a Burton PJ7 Goofy Foot.

Or even Factory Primes, Ultra Primes, and any other Vintage Burton speed planks that can be used by a Goofy Foot.

Let me know what you have!

Thank you, Brent

Brent Bathon

Winhall, Vermont

Edited by Brent Bathon
Clarification

I have a Burton Asym Air 64 in good condition, goofy, have the race plates with the rear cant.

Can send pix if you're interested.

(double-posting my response here in the WTB section, figure the thread in "for sale" might get dropped by the mods)

Here you go.  Base is covered in storage wax, but there's no major gouges, seem to recall there are no real minor ones either.  A small bit of rust on the edges up by the nose, seems to be about it.  Couple of small nicks to the topsheet at the edges, bit of rash on the nose, minor scrapes at the tail.

Have all the mounting h/w for the plates.

How does $125 + shipping sound?  Tempted to keep it for a powder board, but I'm trying to unlearn my asym riding habits, so it's probably better that I sell it.

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

Yes, that price was for board, bindings and h/w.

Looks like UPS and USPS are $50 and $47 to ship to your zipcode in Winhall, VT (respectively).  I'd likely just go UPS, as it's closer to me, but charge you the $47.  

125 + 47 = $172

If it sounds good, my paypal info is: john.d.burk@gmail.com

I haven't sold anything on BOL, but you can check my seller feedback on ArcheryTalk, used to be very active over there . http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/itrader.php?u=227330

bah, just realized that you can't view my feedback unless you have an account on AT, here' s screenshot if you don't feel like going through the bother of creating an account just to see my ratings.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 10.26.27 AM.png

I hear you...that is why my primary search is for the PJ...it was super wide and with normal angles I never had any drag.

My old PJ had Burton Flex Plate bindings and it was a great all mountain and all condition ride...plus I just like the look of it.  ;)

Hoping to find one! 

Thanks!

• Like 1

It hasn't been said, but can we assume you want the older asyms for nostalgic reasons?  If so, rock on!  

If you're looking for an awesome board to ride: The whole concept of asyms died a while ago (aside from a few customs/experiments/Virus race boards), and technology marched on over the past 20 years.  There are much better choices in today's age.  

Partly Nostalgia...and Partly Because I liked the way the PJ Handled the Crud...and we have plenty of that here in New England...in the afternoons.

Hopefully the cores of the old boards will still have some pop to them...lol!

I spent the better part of two entire winters teaching and freeriding on a PJ at Vail and Beaver Creek.

I am picking up a newer board...got to try out this new technology...and also looking to get out and cause some "chaos" on some old technology.

At the end of the day...for all purpose riding...I still love my old 2001 Burton Motion 167 plank...with the 70's Pinball Theme and "Charlie's Angels" on the top deck.

Thanks for the feedback and input!

This is an awesome forum!

5 hours ago, corey_dyck said:

It hasn't been said, but can we assume you want the older asyms for nostalgic reasons?  If so, rock on!  

If you're looking for an awesome board to ride: The whole concept of asyms died a while ago (aside from a few customs/experiments/Virus race boards), and technology marched on over the past 20 years.  There are much better choices in today's age.  

Back then, the riders were often better than the gear. Arguably the other way around now.