Note to New Members ×

The carve soul brothers

WinterGold

11 minutes ago, WinterGold said:

John E - thanks a lot!

H2O - you have sharp eyes!!! I ride completely flat and 19,5" (49,5cm) stance.

queequeg - it´s been quite some time, right? ;-) Thank you! :biggthump

Oh, thanks!

And sorry, how are you tall?

Hey Gerald, 

Missed your riding.  Time to time I searched your videos on Vimeo (Platinum Winter or something now?).  As always, nice turns,  I like your changed style: quieter upper body and wider stance (maybe more outward cant on rear foot?) seems much stable and balanced.   or ..  it may be the isolation plates  ;)  

H2O - I am 6'0 (183cm) tall.

big canuck - :biggthump

bigwavedave - You like my pow videos? I am confused ... nobody watches those (according to Vimeo) ... :ices_ange ... thank you so much!!!

piusthedrcarve - good to hear from you! Still riding your FullCarve???

Emdee406 - hey Martin, what's up??? Do you have a lot of alpine days? Or rather destroy the BX course? Your Kesslers still holding up?

Eric - I remember you leaving a detailed comment some time ago on youtube! Thank you, sir! :biggthump

WinterGold, Not any more.  

I expected Full Carve to be more 'Carve' oriented but it was more of a fall line favoring board like FR.  It demanded more efforts than FR 175 (maybe due to stiffness) but a tad more livelier though.  Don't get me wrong. If I live near bigger hills, I would definitely keep it. BTW, My go-to-board is FR 163  :) 

Christian - they are so versatile, I love my 163!

corey_dyck - thank you so much!!!

Jack, what's up??? You want some Northwaves? I know you do ... :ices_ange ... Should be available again this fall! About the critique ... not sure what you are up to ... be nice, ok? :eplus2: just joking ... Give it to me!

Bobby Buggs - I really apprieciate it! :biggthump

53 minutes ago, WinterGold said:

Jack, what's up??? You want some Northwaves? I know you do ... :ices_ange ... Should be available again this fall! About the critique ... not sure what you are up to ... be nice, ok? :eplus2: just joking ... Give it to me!

:ices_ange

Just because I'm sure you're capable... I'd like to see more variety of turn size and transition type, especially cross-through.  You guys stand up between carves and the video seems to be 100% cross-over.  Nothing wrong with that when conditions allow, and it's probably the most fun way to carve, but it uses up time and real estate during the transition that you may not have on steeps and/or ice.  Also I'd like to see more speed.  Otherwise your styles are great.  Very clean, no wasted motion, making it look easy. :biggthump

33 minutes ago, WinterGold said:

danger, forget it! It seems that Jack never has enough money :ices_ange ... he couldn't even keep the Kessler from his famous new school raceboard review from some years ago! 

Haha, that was 6 years ago and I couldn't justify it when the Coiler NSR was nearly as good for half the money.  I'll have one someday.  But original Northwaves, unless you want to gift them to me for like $500, I just will not pay the fair market value of those things.  If I was racing full time, sure, but beer-league isn't worth it!

Jack, I appreciate your comment and there is something to it as well. No question.

But, as you know, it is very difficult to judge the conditions from a video. Of course, we tried to film on the nice parts of the slopes, but conditions were not really easy. It was pretty hardpacked and quite icy on parts of the slopes. Because we do not have equipment which zooms well, it does not look as dynamic as the pro videos of the Asians for example.

Going faster would either mean not closing the turns as much (where you lose some of the G force feeling) or use longer boards (which you prefer, right?). But for that it was too crowded (I know, it cannot be seen in the video ;-) ... but it was the Christmas holidays).

Northwaves - the 951 will be available this fall (hopefully). It won´t be 500$, but it will be much more affordable than those 950s lately.

• Like 1