Note to New Members ×

There's a "little" run of the peak, right behind us, called Headwalls. It's groomed, but as steep as the steepest section of our First Sun. The photo doesn't do it the justice... They do straight lining speed contests there... 

14904898073250.jpg.497679e18210b074c1947389e90309ae.jpg

Luka got to meet Nancy Greene, personally, and had his helmet autographed. 

14904904037321.jpg.8ef5a9cb4cdcebe479b9c4077c0619b8.jpg

I see your freeride day and I raise you the first tracks down the Top Gun :) 

It was another amazing day today. Before 9am, it couldn't quite decide, rain, snow or nothing, at the lodge elevation. Eventually it settled for snow, a lot, and not even that wet at higher elevations! 

Edited by BlueB

I got to the hill at about 10:30 today... The snow was softening already, but mogul runs were still unpleasant for another hour or so. JJA wasn't even groomed... Little park gone from the Windjammer (the snow was actually quite good there!). Horizon was pretty decent, somewhat bumpy. No lineups... 

I hooked up with 2 of my tennis buddies, both on skis. 

Left just after 1pm. I'll ride again on Sunday. 

We had absolutely horrible snow this morning, very little grooming and very poorly done, then all frozen. As the matter of fact, I've never seen anything like it... Different passes leaving completely different textures, whales, ridges and not death cookies, but death boulders! Literally, some chunks were bigger then soccer balls... 

Anyways, latter the things softened up a bit ad it became typical spring riding... 

Big crew: Tony, Rod, Patrick, Gary, Roy, B, Luka... 

Wow, it dumped a lot, the previous 24hrs or so! Still lots of deep snow, even untouched to verify found today. 

Luka had the last ski race of the year, which was open for parents too, so I brought my skis today.  Did fine in the race, but freeriding before it... well, let's just say I don't like the skis outside of groomers any more. 

Gary demoed dome super fat Salomons and let me try them for a lap. Very interesting ride. They almost liked to be in back seat and let free to bounce from turn to turn. In despite of 18m, or so, radius, they carved tight and aggressive when placed on edge. Once on edge, they were hard to get of it!?! 

Lunch and chat with the regular crew, in cafeteria, was fun, as always... 

Well, well, the surprise bonus day at Cypress was a huge success! Bluebird weather, nice spring slush, a great board under feet, free burgers, friends, what more one could wish for? 

14928339492880.jpg.940a7d9b82eea95af39cf0ddeb58fb9a.jpg14928157172250.jpg.acc6c8e9bcad113a71c3217ca8c3e89a.jpg

That's it for this season at Cypress, and cheers from the most hardcore riders! See you all next season. 

Of course, stay tuned for few more Whistler spring trips!