Note to New Members ×

Nope they didn't sell - I'm amazed. Anyone looking for softies?

Yes, we've got season passes at Cypress this year, so you will see me around more. The key now will be to get some more time on the board and a bit less on skis. :)

Looking forward to getting out there though!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luka and I had our day 1, today! But where was everyone??? 

Anyhow, we had decent wet snow, the one that compacts into a fast, grippy surface, without too many moguls forming on flatter runs. Flat light mixed with some light fog, a bit of crowd... No black runs open yet, but getting there. 

An old 4WD 169, I picked last spring, rode like a charm in the am. I forgot how nice are those boards... Rode the 3800 with a duck stance in the pm... 

Luka is now big enough to ski Maja's old Heads! 

Better weather, today, but everything else much worse: crappy grooming, frozen snow, huge crowds... 

Midway chair started tiday and the full width of the run was groomed, looked so yummy... until I tried it... poor groomed frozen mess... Got better in the pm sun though. 

Few of the better instructors, that were my carving students in the past, switched to both feet forward (mildly) on their softies and loving it 🙂

Patrick and I were there yesterday. It was quite a spectacular pow day. 15+ cm and still snowing in the morning. Low vis, though. Only Trumpeter and stuff around the Sky were open, as far as the black runs go. However, Boven and Rainbow were quite yummy too 🙂. Cover is still somewhat insufficient, ditches are not completely filled - I ate few in tgst fkst light! 

Weapon: 3800, with mild forward stance. 

Lift line quote of the day: 

Kid #1: What a hell?!? 

Kid #2: (almost slaps him at the head) That's cool! 

Edited by BlueB

Today only me... 

I expected really good carving snow (and wasn't wrong), so brought the OES SL. However, the visiblity was disastrous 😔Practically, only the Windjammer and Humpty were rideable at speed. Jammer had much better snow... Funny enough, the grooming was impeccable - right in time where conditions wouldn't allow carving on steeps... 

Edited by BlueB

Another poor vis day, man made over buletproof... It seems I'm getting worse with my vertigos in foggy/flat conditions... Banged myself stupidly, on the upper, flatt part of the Horizon, just from not being able to read the contour. Something snapped badly between my neck and shoulder blades, my hand turned numb instantaneously. Recovered after about a minite... 

It started snowing really nicely at about lunch time.