Note to New Members ×

Urgent Help - Need M6x20 Screws!

fallen

If you have a bench grinder, and an electric drill of some sort, you can make temporary use of a standard socket head cap screw (allen bolt) from your local hardware store.

Assuming they stock metric fasteners.

Chuck the threaded end in the drill, hold the socket head against the grinding wheel at the appropriate angle, and gradually grind some angle into the mating surface.  

From I  I to \  /. You don't need the full seat width for short term use. Verify the threaded length so as not to bottom in the insert.

That should get you by.

If it's an absolute emergency, and you don't have power tools, you can use either the socket head screw 'as -is' which will scribe a line into the center disc, or use a Philips head machine screw, the head of which should have the correct bevel.

Also, look at McMaster Tool supply. They have bolts galore, and do quick shipping.

If going the hardware-store route, be sure to ask if their bolts are of Chinese manufacture. The Chinese routinely skimp on strength and materials to make as cheaply as possible. U.S./Canadian/EU bolts have strength and material standards to live up to.

I think I have a new 4-pack of the Bomber bolts here in Ohio but I can't check until after work today.  I'd be glad to help you out, but it will be a little pricy because I'll want to re-buy the bolts from Bomber when they open.  So you'd be out $3.00 for the bolts + $8.11 shipping of the new bolts to me from Bomber + shipping cost of my bolts to you.  For $6.45 shipping, I could put them in a priority mail flat rate envelope that would be picked up from my house tomorrow which should get to you by Friday (but no guarantees).  1-day Express Mail is $36.00.  And maybe add a couple of bucks in case Bomber's shipping of new bolts to me turns out a little higher (bomber shipping is expensive).

I'd recommend you see what you can come up with locally, maybe try calling some marine hardware stores because they will have a lot of stainless fasteners, hopefully including some metric. Note that a standard flat head M6 machine screw will take one size smaller allen wrench than the Bomber screws, but the conical angle of the head is the same so it will work.  If you don't have any luck, let me know by about 6PM eastern time and we can work out getting my bolts to you.

And you can certainly get by with a non-stainless fastener temporarily which will open up your local options.

I am missing a M6x20 screw for so that I can attach a TD3 center plate to the board. All the staff is out for the convention and I need this 1 bolt ASAP. Can anyone help please? I'm happy to pay for fast shipping + part.

Thanks!

try Fasternal nut and bolt supplier, I got my from them. https://www.fastenal.com/products/fasteners/bolts?intcmp=hpcat-bolts&r=~%7Ccategoryl1:%22600000%20Fasteners%22%7C~%20~%7Ccategoryl2:%22600001%20Bolts%22%7C~

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies folks. Somehow my Bomber email notifications where going into spam.

In any case, I did get needed screws in time. Fella who originally sold me the bindings came through by shipping and extra via 2-day delivery.

Thanks for all the replies folks. Somehow my Bomber email notifications where going into spam.

In any case, I did get needed screws in time. Fella who originally sold me the bindings came through by shipping and extra via 2-day delivery.

Glad it all worked out for you!!