Note to New Members ×

Skier pushes snowboarder off chair lift at Aspen Highlands

digger jr

I will never push someone off of a chair, period.  That is dangerous and if they found that dude he should be dealt with accordingly.  Having said that, I also think it is incredibly disrespectful to make a comment like that to a complete stranger.  Don't be a complete dope.  You can make those comments to people you know but why do you need to make them to strangers.

Heh.  The article in Michael's post didn't actually post the part of the comment that probably pissed the guy off.  Come on journalists, it might be an offending comment but if it is part of the story you need to post it as a quote.  It actually sheds a poor light on the dude who pushed him off because the comment they chose to post is about as innocuous as it gets.

It is funny when they can't even write a word like "tit". I think kids here learn that one aged about six. We progress to "bum", and other words, but I reckon no child, rich or poor, doesn't know all those words by the time they're teenagers. The idea that they then become "offended" by them is... fucking bullshit made up to cause trouble.

-----------

In America the consequences of minor disagreements can, it seems, be more severe than elsewhere. Perhaps this is because:

• they have guns; and
  • some of their chair lifts don't have bars.

I'm sure Sarah Palin and Trumpy will shout that this is a consequence of god or their constitution, and I'm sure they're right.

For the rest of us, sticking your arm over the back of a chair is a pretty good way to ensure you don't slide out of it. Or just put the thing down - it's not indicative of the size of your dick.

Was hoping this was a story about a snowboarder pushing Mr Obermeyer off a chair !

I hope you are finally getting some snow. You are sounding a bit angst:)

At 94? years old Klauss may not fair well off the chair.

Even though he is a dyed in the wool skier, I like the guy. Pretty cool when you are skiing in your 90s.

Maybe some day he'll appreciate carvers on snowboards more.

Says he's the inventor of the googie tie. Anybody know what that is?

We aren't blessed with natural snow but man made is slowly covering half the runs at the local bump. Corrugated ribbons of death with an abundance of ice. It's sometimes white and you can slide on it. I'm old enough to know the difference and it's close enough I can pretend it's snow ! I hope that I'm able to ski at 90 and that my teeth aren't the largest part off me pretending to huck the park! :1luvu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...