Note to New Members ×

What to do in a No Snow Winter

lowrider

Sail, golf, hike, SUP, bike, surf or travel to the snow......That's what the northwest US needed to do last year!!!!

We had no season last year and we currently have a 74" base and 114" on top!!!!! 8"-12" for another two storms.

I know the feeling. Oh yeah watch a lot of videos.....

Mont Ste Marie opened today...for snowboarding and mountain biking, hiking trails are open too.

Ski,bike and hike in the same day. Forecast high of 16C (61F) for tomorrow may make it short lived.

Looks a little rough (and narrow) but open is open

attachicon.gifMSteMarie.png

Wow, that is sad!!  

Hope it turns around soon!!

Due to no snow and warm temp., I took my kid's X-mas present, Rip Stik and tried some carving turns on asphalt yesterday (no previous skateboarding exp.)  Resulting bruises/scratches/blood on elbows, knees, and palms.   BUT...hey I got some turns.  It's kinda fun and great workout on behind leg.  This will be my toy until slopes are covered with white stuff.

Edited by piusthedrcarve

Kieran Are you keeping your boots dry ? Had a friend who saw his ski boots float out of his house as he made a mad dash late at nite to avoid rapidly rising floodwaters. Don't feel too sorry as it was in a very affluent neighborhood with million dollar houses built where they shouldn't have. I'ts the one in one hundred  year weather that I find kind of frightening! Two local bumps have opened ( I use the term loosely ) as they  only have one or two beginner runs and lifts operating  usually on a 200 foot run 25 foot elevation. Not exactly a deal @ $25.00. Cold weather continues to eluded us nite time lows of -3 ,-4 C great for making slush. Excellent base if winter eventually arrives.