Note to New Members ×

Two glass Coilers for sale - 178 FC and 188 PRW

terryvaughan

Board #1 is a Custom 178 Freecarve - sidewall says "178FC 0020-7.0. This board is in good shape - largest cosmetic issue = a nick in the nose (repaired) from a high speed kiss by another alpine snowboarder. Base and edges are in great condition. It's the white board - bindings not included.

Board #2 is a Pure Race World Cup Custom - 188 PRW - sidewall says "WCC 188 PRW 0106-6.7". This board is also in good shape - with largest cosmetic issue on this one being the nick on the top sheet on the tail of the board (which was there when I bought the board). Base and edges also in great condition. It's the grey board - dog not included.

USD 225 each - you pay the shipping.

Thank you for your interest...post-573-0-57768500-1422850440_thumb.jpgpost-573-0-39073800-1422850456_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe the answers to your questions are approx. 14m and 175 to 195 lbs.

I'm told the "7.0" in "178FC 0020-7.0" is the stiffness and corresponds to the above weight range - and that Bruce made most of the Freecarves with a 14m sidecut radius.

I am 195 lbs and really enjoy the board. And being a glass board, it is quite lively which means you can crank tighter radius turns if you really apply the edge pressure / can pop out of one turn and on the next, etc.

To help anyone that particular FC 7.0  was my old board from a few years ago.    It was a great board, that's the board I took on my first trip to Aspen.      I weight 165.     The picture in the Avatar is with that board ! 

But when I bought the board used,  I talked to Bruce and he told me it was build for a heavier rider but since it was a few years old the board probably had soften up.       It never was a problem with my weight so I doupt after the extra time it stiffened up . 

Good memories !