Note to New Members ×

Soliciting feedback

lonbordin

I have two videos of me at today's NASTAR races. Your constructive criticism is welcome.

Some important notes:

-I don't take a tighter line over the gates as this is a VERY busy NASTAR day here at Paoli and the snow was softening in the sun. I cut over the gates and they'll come out... no one is happy. I'm the only knuckle-dragger and I like to build our images with the skiers.

-I saw the first video and realized I was laying back. I tried staying forward the second run with a .62 reduction in time.

-The videos were shot by my 13 yr old. What a great kid. :)

26.12 time-https://plus.google.com/u/0/104197080966614807007/posts/ALTjPTsARhK

25.50 time-https://plus.google.com/u/0/104197080966614807007/posts/WKiQqK3ppwm

BTW- The temps came up to slightly above freezing with much sunshine but the course held together quite well today.

Edited by lonbordin
more info...

Pretty nice hill for Indiana.

Dave, what kind of boots are you using? I like more forward flex than most as it allows me to get lower. When I put a softer tongue in my Strato Pros my times showed a significant improvement. That may not be the solution for others but it works for me.

Pretty nice hill for Indiana.

Dave, what kind of boots are you using? I like more forward flex than most as it allows me to get lower. When I put a softer tongue in my Strato Pros my times showed a significant improvement. That may not be the solution for others but it works for me.

Pat-I'm running the DeeLuxe Indy's with the stiffer tongue and BTS with the stiffer red springs. I'm 6'4" and 245 so I chose the stiffer setup . I'd like to try the less stiff springs... maybe I should get some.

One thing I should mention is when I had the weak RAB setup the tongue would crush my instep on my rear foot. Probably need to find a happy medium.

Thanks!

Edited by lonbordin
Instep crushing info. added

OK! The inimitable Beckmann AG and I have engaged in a correspondence which has resulted in fruit. (i.e. I make mistakes.)

Long story short, in my haste to setup my equipment this season I mistakenly left out my binding toe and heel riser pads. :smashfrea

Unfortunately they are missing/not to be found/must buy some more at this point. :(

This left me running flat which puts my front knee way off center (towards toe side) and puts much pressure on my rear ankle. This also results in much tension in my lower half... all of which I attributed to being rusty/getting old.

I've changed my setup to my old OS1's until I can get some large riser pads. (I'm saving up for those TD3's)

I was able to get a couple hours on the slope last night freeriding with my "new" setup in very marginal conditions. Quite the difference!

Hoping snowmaking doesn't cancel Friday night NASTAR but boy do we need the snow after all the rain!

Looking forward to the weekend and getting more video. (Paoli's lighting makes night video near impossible.)

I've posted the videos to YouTube.

Run one-http://youtu.be/ZLRM7oBgiow

Run two-http://youtu.be/Ob8JThwiSTQ

Thanks again for everyone's input. Special thanks to Erik.

I was back out today resisting gravity's awesome power, unsuccessfully. ;)

Yellow course:

Blue course:

As always your insights are appreciated.

PS- I do this as there is NO other hardbooter at my hill to ask... none. To get better I'm well aware I need input, thanks!

When does Hidden Valley close for the season?

They say mid-march, but given the history my guess is the first week of march. looking at the weather, today was probably the last day they will be able to use the start house this year.

However: ski team announced a true comp next weekend, gs on saturday and sl on sunday. $10 for 2 runs, medals and ca$h prizes. should be a great event from what I'm hearing, hope you can make it.

They say mid-march, but given the history my guess is the first week of march. looking at the weather, today was probably the last day they will be able to use the start house this year.

However: ski team announced a true comp next weekend, gs on saturday and sl on sunday. $10 for 2 runs, medals and ca$h prizes. should be a great event from what I'm hearing, hope you can make it.

Bummer... I'm out of town due to work. Let me know if they have any later races. Think cold!