Note to New Members ×

Quite a long time for me in BC this time around... the season's been unusually warm, something I expect we'll see more of as politicians whilst politicians remain mostly not scientifically educated. I have some piste video, but the heli stuff is much easier to deal with, so this was taken over 4 weeks in Blue River, spread over 4 months...

• I'm still riding the Hometown Hero 1.44, and as that's probably three or four seasons old now I wonder what next season will bring there.
  • The F2 Ti race bindings remain bomb proof; I carry a couple of pairs in case the airline loses the pair in the hold, or one breaks.
  • My Atomic Backlands are showing scratches but no damage. I discovered low temperature PU tie wraps to hold the Phantom Link Levers in ride mode; I can walk fine like that anyway. I also used some simple copper wire as a second line of defence, after discovering that I can't ride at all in "walk mode". Maybe next season they'll bring out a BOA version of the Backland, although these 2 clip ones seem bomb proof and work great.
  • Still using the Insta x3, as the X4 is as yet only a rumour. I think quality from that (and also using an optimized workflow including Topaz AI) is above the quality of free Vimeo anyway, but you can see the limitations a bit compared with true 4K.

I think the Hero plus Backland-Phantoms is working well, so much so that I avoided trying a few other boards which... I just didn't think would work as well. I don't want to get set in my ways, but if it works...

Edited by philw
Correct binding type
  • Like 7