Note to New Members ×

Kessler Ride

ecshredder

I didn't realize you could win with the highest time.

:freak3:

That's because you aren't running enough JG Bia$$!

Take a huge dose of self centeredness, I mean a huge dose. Enough to name a binding adjustment after yourself, yeah that much. After that, claim you invented a style of riding. Then make random unverified claims on BOL posts for years. Start by claiming you are a rep for anything, that always sounds cool. Then after all that .... you might get it...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Caron made me the Aspen rep. for Catek about 4 years ago.

A few years ago Catek announced on their site that they were the designated USA distributor for Kessler.

So, do I have this math right? Jeff verbally calling you the Aspen Catek "rep" 4 years ago + Catek's website (last updated 2008) saying they are the US Kessler distributor = you are the current Aspen Kessler rep? Come on man, we are not as stupid we look!

By the way, there is no Kessler "distributor" in the US right now. All US dealers simply deal with Kessler directly.

Edited by Jack Michaud

Update - I received my warranty replacement this morning. I'm certain that my snowsports industry insider/rep status is the reason for the quick turnaround from Kessler. :D

The new board is a bit different than the original. The topsheet is glossy. Different topsheet/base graphics. The edge construction/wrap is different too. Not sure if this is in any way related to my defective board, but hopefully it rides the same.

Well Jack, call up Jeff yourself and ask him. Jeff never told me he has lost Kessler.. if he has it is news to me. I'm sure anyone can order a board direct from Kessler. I am not trying to fool anyone- I ordered my two Kesslers through Scott Tucker and Jeff they did not come direct from Kessler. I told Jeff I had better buy a Kessler deck if I was going to try and help him sell them. It turned out to be an expensive gamble for me, one I would undo if I could oinly because I have yet to get a replacement board.

Then go and call Frank D. and ask him if he asked me to be the Virus Rep. for Aspen, and ask Ray S. who also knows about that conversation with Frank.

Check the sources before you call BS on it. Don't take my word for it if it means that much to you.

As for Trailer Trash, you've made putting effort into this site seem fruitless. All you seem to do is deter others with useful information from posting. Lets see some video of TT riding... the Golden child of Lynn Massachusetts.

And Jack, I am surprised at your behavior which seems so uncharacteritic of you.

I suppose the next thing you'll say is that my SIG is copied from Bomber instead of the other way around.

Well Jack, call up Jeff yourself and ask him. Jeff never told me he has lost Kessler.. if he has it is news to me. I'm sure anyone can order a board direct from Kessler. I am not trying to fool anyone- I ordered my two Kesslers through Scott Tucker and Jeff they did not come direct from Kessler. I told Jeff I had better buy a Kessler deck if I was going to try and help him sell them. It turned out to be an expensive gamble for me, one I would undo if I could oinly because I have yet to get a replacement board.

Then go and call Frank D. and ask him if he asked me to be the Virus Rep. for Aspen, and ask Ray S. who also knows about that conversation with Frank.

Check the sources before you call BS on it. Don't take my word for it if it means that much to you.

As for Trailer Trash, you've made putting effort into this site seem fruitless. All you seem to do is deter others with useful information from posting. Lets see some video of TT riding... the Golden child of Lynn Massachusetts.

And Jack, I am surprised at your behavior which seems so uncharacteritic of you.

I suppose the next thing you'll say is that my SIG is copied from Bomber instead of the other way around.

Ouch, going after my riding. That cuts deep. How does the level of rider I am have anything to do with you being a compulsive liar and freeloader?

Edited by trailertrash

I believe you when you say Jeff told you you were a Catek rep 4 years ago, I'm just saying that doesn't make you a Kessler rep now. Hell, I have a stronger claim to being a Kessler rep right now! :p

Dude, this is not "behavior", this is a buddy calling you on your BS scorecard at the 19th hole. Take it as a good ribbing. I have a lot of respect for what you have done for alpine in the past.

As for TT, he speaks for himself, but I can tell you he walks the walk on the steeps of Sugarloaf.

Edited by Jack Michaud

Update - I received my warranty replacement this morning. I'm certain that my snowsports industry insider/rep status is the reason for the quick turnaround from Kessler. :D

The new board is a bit different than the original. The topsheet is glossy. Different topsheet/base graphics. The edge construction/wrap is different too. Not sure if this is in any way related to my defective board, but hopefully it rides the same.

FYI, the Ride I got also has a glossy topsheet.

I just would like to see TT's riding... out of pure curiosity. I just don't find he adds anything to the knowledge base. Compulsive liar and freeloader...not. I just like credit for things I have done.

I just think TT is some guy with single night pass at Wachusett who once in a while takes a 180cm deck to the steeps at Sugarloaf carves a few turns and thinks he can smack talk to anyone.

How about we have a poll.... decide who stays or leaves this site... my feelings would not be hurt either way. It seems TT is very popular. Let people vote for it. Most people on BOL now would barely know me anyway.

I was the first SIMS Rep. and Winterstick rep. on the East Coast and never got anything formal declaring me a rep. other than dealer price sheets and dealer cost. When you are a small company- its different than if you were a rep. say for Rossignol or Oakley where there are many formalities and contracts to sign. I don't blame people for being skeptical... but that is how it is and I have nothing to gain from associating myself with Catek at this point.
I believe you when you say Jeff told you you were a Catek rep 4 years ago, I'm just saying that doesn't make you a Kessler rep now. Hell, I have a stronger claim to being a Kessler rep right now! :p

Pretty much how I feel about this. Ok, maybe you might be a word of mouth rep...

Having the slowest time posted in the race doesn't say much about your riding...just saying.

Edited by *Ace*

I hear you about the slowest time in the race but no other snowboarders even dared to do it. It was so icy that I had trouble self arresting just to get to the start. tell you what- try to stuff a 168cm Rossignol judge powder board through a steep icy offset slalom in softies on thunderbowl at highlands with death cookies and lets see how anyone else on BOL would do. I think Mario could nail it... but that's about it. I would have done a lot better on just about anything else. I would have taken a 148 Burton supermodel over my deck in that course or even an old Burton Safari...

(I said I wasn't going to post to this train wreck. . . . I said I wasn't going to post to this train wreck. . . .I said I wasn't going to post to this train wreck. . . .I said I wasn't going to post to this train wreck. . . .I said I wasn't going to post to this train wreck. . . .I said I wasn't going to post to this train wreck. . . .DAMMIT!)

John, Just for us people watching this thread with a bowl of popcorn and morbid curiosity to see where its going. . .

Maybe I am reading this line wrong, but it sounds to a third party observer that you are trying to claim that you coined the phrase "One good turn deserves another," or am I reading this wrong?

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/quid-pro-quo.html

And by the way, most importantly, Andy, I am glad you received such prompt result from Kessler. Sounds like they are living up to be the class act that the world cup racers believe they are!

Though Aspen is amazing for carving, there aren't many hardbooters in residency here...

Yet you are the "rep" for three alpine products in Aspen.... riiiiiight....... I don't think any other part of the country is so well represented?

What stores did and do you sell to? Name one store you actually closed a deal to? (for each brand you "rep")

Wouldn't the "rep" for Kessler, Virus and Catek attend the biggest carve event in their own backyard (Aspen)?

Wouldn't the "rep" for three alpine brands be actually riding alpine gear?

Oh, and in case you have been away too long, Sugarloaf is more than 40 miles from Lynn.

Edited by trailertrash

How about we have a poll.... decide who stays or leaves this site... my feelings would not be hurt either way. It seems TT is very popular. Let people vote for it. Most people on BOL now would barely know me anyway.

Come now, nobody wants you to leave. A lot of people know who you are and what you have done.

Having the slowest time posted in the race doesn't say much about your riding...just saying.

Don't worry about this, I've ridden with him, he rips.

I feel about anyone who manages to "live the life" in the sorta super-heated and expensive world of ski Meccas the same way I do about anyone who figures out how to live and work in NYC. Props are due.

Having on this forum a former board builder who inhabits both soft and hard booting (not to mention ski) worlds year after year in some of the planet's gnarlier terrain is a huge plus. Besides the obvious repository of tech knowledge, your self-styled "bad boy" social commentary is just plain fun to follow.

cheers, and may next winter be kinder to Aspen slopes than this one!

BB :biggthump

Opinions are important, personal pissing matches aren't. Entertainment is essential and if you can't tell the difference too bad for you! John do you want to be a rep for Lowrider plates? I can pass over to you all the BS that entails. You are well quallified to deal with it as your reputation and demeanor have demonstrated to me the ability to let life lead you in directions most of us would fear to go. Next destination for me would be Aspen not Lynn but i don't have the luxury of independent movement i'm stuck in the not so chilly Canada friend for now of the USA. Say hello to the cougars of Aspen for me me it's deer, coyote and turkey hunting for us now that the snow is gone.

The good news is that Kessler has stepped up and will be sending me out a board. However, it broke my heart to have to drill a hole in the board before they'd ship another out... I suppose this is so that I don't repair/sell the defective board.

The carnage:

1e1312be.jpg

i'd totally buy that board (for cheap). fill & epoxy & ride it till it falls apart.

• 2 weeks later...