Note to New Members ×

Bomber Launches new Website!

fin

OK, sorry for the up and down today with the site everyone. But we just spent the day launching the news site and it looks great! This was along time coming and a pile of work on our side but it needed to happen.

As always, we invite anyone to submit articles and content to us as this is a community site. No promise we'll publish, but like to see more input from you guys.

Please take a look and tell us what you think, good and bad. And if you spot any bugs or something not right please let us know.

OK, sorry for the up and down today with the site everyone. But we just spent the day launching the news site and it looks great! This was along time coming and a pile of work on our side but it needed to happen.

As always, we invite anyone to submit articles and content to us as this is a community site. No promise we'll publish, but like to see more input from you guys.

Please take a look and tell us what you think, good and bad. And if you spot any bugs or something not right please let us know.

Congratulations on the new site... it´s a charme... a 10 Years leap forward...

I´ll be sharp and testing tomorrow:ices_ange

Edit: what do you mean with: "No promise we'll publish, ...... " are posting rules changed?

the old site was looking/feeling,,, well, old.

The new home page is way friendlier and more inviting, much better for luring the masses over to the dark side:rolleyes:

The whys and how tos (articles) are more prominent and everything seems more intuitive.

Active threads on the home page was a great move.

Kudos Fin:biggthump

The shopping cart was a big part of it, and a huge upgrade. I also like the groomer background - makes it feel more like a carving site than a shopping site.

Like Fin said we're still working out the bugs so please bear with us if something doesn't work properly, or there's a mistake on your order. It will take a little while to realize all of them.

Thanks for your continued support! Carve on!

• 2 weeks later...
The shopping cart was a big part of it, and a huge upgrade. I also like the groomer background - makes it feel more like a carving site than a shopping site.

Like Fin said we're still working out the bugs so please bear with us if something doesn't work properly, or there's a mistake on your order. It will take a little while to realize all of them.

Thanks for your continued support! Carve on!

All in all, I love the new site. I am not a huge fan of the Comic Sans font used on the main navigation buttons.... but everything else is right on.

Obviously you still need a link back to the commercial site that sits at the top of the forums. Pretty sure that was always there, cuz it's always been real easy to go drool over the TD3 or SW or .......

Anyway. When is this forum going to get "Like" buttons?

Thanks.

just an Old Fart that shuns change (took 6 years to figure out the old board, and only knew 1/2 of it) but I'll try to navigate as I'm sure it is a change for the better.

It looks like I am in the minority, but to me the colors all seem to blend (not enough Pop) specially the light blue.

I miss the italic and bold options for messages, I thought they were here the other day and I see others have used them, can't get the smileys to work either, duh ?

Love the Groom, that will be my next custom Topsheet ! 2 Days to SES (and a fresh batch on the way) but who's counting ? - jp1

I would have commented in the new forum launch thread but that has since been locked.

In-line links and attachments no longer open in a new tab and/or window like they used to by default, but now open in the same tab as the forum messages. Can the old functionality be retained?

Couple items:

Forum

When attempting to "unsubscribe" from a notice email I get this message.

not sure , but it looks like a conflict with comcast? I changed a few things in the line for security.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Very possible it's me, but is the search function having problems on the new site?

If I search in for-sale for 'catek', I get 12 results back to 2003. That just can't be :)

Searching for BTS in the whole site gets me 0 hits... that may have always been a limitation (3 chars?), I can't say.

Yes search mechanism sucks. You also now can't specify particular forums to search on eg 'Classifieds' like you used to be able to.

I concur with the search feature having lost all sensibility from the old style. For example, I just searched "Volkl" and 7 recent threads popped up and the rest are 2003 and later. Also, more importantly and directly related to Bomber, I searched "TD2" and NOTHING came up... Im no IT guy but that cant be right... or good.