Note to New Members ×

bakery/cafe menu, tell us what you want.

bobdea

if you walked into a bakery in the backwoods of western maine what would you want to see on the menu?

we do sandwiches, soup, sweets and the like.

any favorite paninis?

pastry?

soups?

here's a copy of one of our menus to get a idea of what we do but we like new ideas so I'm asking here.

Nicole's Favorite Panini $5.

Fresh Mozzarella, Roma Tomatoes and Pesto Grilled on Country White Bread.

Brie! $5.

Brie cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato and mayo on ciabatta OR if you like it toasty we'll make it a panini and tell the lettuce to take a hike.

Grilled Cheese Panini $4.

Provolone, Swiss, Cheddar or a mix of all or any three on any bread.

Add tomatoes for $.50

Add bacon or ham for $.75

Hometown Beef $5.

Roast Beef served warm doused in locally made BBQ sauce on a buttered and grilled roll.

Bleu Beef $6.

Roast Beef with homemade super chunky bleu cheese dressing, Romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes and thin sliced onions on a roll.

Roast Beef Special $5.

Roast Beef with chipotle mayo on a spinach and feta bread.

BLT $5

Applewood smoked bacon with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato on your choice of toasted bread or roll.

Swiss Tuna Melt $5.

Tuna salad with swiss cheese grilled on a cracked pepper swiss roll.

Pork Pie! $4.

Flaky pie crust filled with pork, potatoes, onions and savory spices.

Tuna Salad $5.

Tuna on your choice of bread with lettuce, tomato and onions.

Split Pea with Ham

served with bread

$3.50/bowl

Chili Verde

served with bread

$3.50/bowl

Pumpkin Coconut Curry Soup

vegetarian, served with bread.

$3.50

turkey + brie + cranberry (good in a panini)

extra-extra-extra mature cheddar + roast ham ± sliced onion + eye-watering and nose-disintegrating english mustard (usually colmans)

mince pies. (minced beef, onions, gravy, full pastry wrap. oh, and SALT) (usually served with fries and beans)

maybe some sort of creamy shellfish or seafood soup/chowder.

extra-extra-extra mature cheddar + roast ham ± sliced onion + eye-watering and nose-disintegrating english mustard (usually colmans)

This - definitely need some kind of ham and cheese on the menu -- it's pretty heavy on roast beef now. Hot ham and cheese or a ham and cheese panini would be great too.

Maybe think about offering an option to add a protein to the Nicole's favorite panini - it would be good with sliced ham or turkey. Grilled chicken on that would be great, but would add some steps to prep.

Breakfast burritos maybe?

Chili is great, maybe offer a bread bowl for an extra couple of bucks.

Is this your diner Bob?

How have you been?

How old is your little one now?

Peanut butter , bacon and banana sandwiche.

Toasted bread, crunchy bacon, thin sliced banana and super chunk peanut butter. Like a bomb!! But so good!!

Red beat slice on the Hamburgers. Kiwi style!!

Is this your diner Bob?

Toasted bread, crunchy bacon, thin sliced banana and super chunk peanut butter. Like a bomb!! But so good!!

That's a good one! I also love peanut butter and honey with banana slices. It's easy to carry in your pocket/eat on the chair, so could be a good to-go item.

I don't see Kids menu on the list.

PBJ, Mac & Cheese, Mini-pizza, Corn dog, Fries... etc. ?

At least offer the kids (and adults) fresh and healty ingredients. Something that I like when I go to the states is the pride of many restaurant / barkery trying as much as possible to offer local grown food.

On that Bacon, Banana and peanut butter sandwich, it`s actually pretty good. I tried it a few years ago after reading about it in a mag. It`s not on the light side !

You could go for something a little unusual......................how about a Bison or Buffalo Burger? Incredible flavor, unique, and a cool backwoods menu enhancement.

An idea might be to keep whatever you can gluten free. Gluten intolerance is becoming more commonly diagnosed and if only one member of a family has it, the whole family goes where they have something gluten free to eat. It can be quite simple like using corn starch, instead of wheat flour to thicken soups, or not putting breaded items in the french fry fryer.

This - definitely need some kind of ham and cheese on the menu -- it's pretty heavy on roast beef now. Hot ham and cheese or a ham and cheese panini would be great too.

Maybe think about offering an option to add a protein to the Nicole's favorite panini - it would be good with sliced ham or turkey. Grilled chicken on that would be great, but would add some steps to prep.

Breakfast burritos maybe?

Chili is great, maybe offer a bread bowl for an extra couple of bucks.

we do ham and cheese, it varies, we always have ham and cheese though.

ham and cheese croissants are a big seller.

on that specific panini it's one of the no meat jobs for the hippies.

An idea might be to keep whatever you can gluten free. Gluten intolerance is becoming more commonly diagnosed and if only one member of a family has it, the whole family goes where they have something gluten free to eat. It can be quite simple like using corn starch, instead of wheat flour to thicken soups, or not putting breaded items in the french fry fryer.

yeah, we're a bakery. depending on sensitivity level we could do that but we also don't want to have anyone have to use a epi pen in the store so we try to stay away from it because there's always friggin' high gluten flour in the air here.

Red beat slice on the Hamburgers. Kiwi style!!

YEAH! gonna play with both of those.

At least offer the kids (and adults) fresh and healty ingredients. Something that I like when I go to the states is the pride of many restaurant / barkery trying as much as possible to offer local grown food.

we do as much local as possible. carrots, onions and a few other things we get local.

You would not find such great prices.Hope I didn't jinx it for the customers...Buffalo may be common but I choose a buffalo burger if I'm on the fence about a burger or something else.

prices are low, razor thin margin!

we'll probably go up on a lot of things. we do have a decent margin on things like bread and pastry. the custom stuff has a good margin too.

You would not find such great prices.Hope I didn't jinx it for the customers...Buffalo may be common but I choose a buffalo burger if I'm on the fence about a burger or something else.

What Steve said. I wish you were nearby cuz that looks good.

The local Panini shop ( since closed - the owner was brilliant with recipes but didn't want to to work) had a smoked turkey, pesto and cranberry that was like crack to me. Unable. To. Resist.

Not a burger guy but another local shop has a grilled chicken sando with a slice of real blue cheese in the middle of the breast that is pretty dman good.

reindeer or elk? looking into both! there's a couple farms doing game meat in the area.
Don't see either of those around here much. Lots of ranches doing buffalo or beefalo though, I can go pick up a box of frozen buffalo burgers at any of the local butcher shops.

Had reindeer once at the Post Hotel in Lake Louise - it was good but honestly I ordered it just so I could tell people I once ate Rudolph.