Note to New Members ×

How fast you are???

Tatoos

Which model F2 as fast as Donek?
it's an '09 silberpfeil, 172cm. i think i'm too heavy for it.

the donek is a glass 184GS proto which is quite stiff. no matter how fast i go on it, i always get the feeling it wants to go faster.

i've only been hardbooting for a year. i don't have the technique/skill to get 100% out of the donek yet. ;)

Measured 126km/h with a gps device. I do not know how accurate that stuff is. But it is quite easy to get to 80-90. Above 100 you need an empty slope with perfect grooming. Feels more scary now than before I measured....

Highest speed on a snowboard had in 1999 Darren Powell(Australia) at Les Arcs France --201,907 km/h 125.459 mph.

I find a page http://www.worldsfastestsnowboarder.com/

Cool info! Thanks for the heads up on the fastest one. Watching the video shows some sketchy moments during his descents. He needs a profiled base to smooth that out.

I attended a speed ski session in the late 90's and broke the beams at 97mph. The skiers were surprised that I had razor sharp edges since they detune the full length to keep from catching. The board was a custom Dual-e on the bottom of a 175 race of some kind.

I borrowed an aerodynamic helmet and speed suit to make the runs. There was plenty of track up the mountain above where I started, to increase trap speed, but I didn't get to try it since the conditions had changed and the wind was blowing too much.

I'll have to dig out the photo archive and see if the shots from that day are in the file.

I still have a Landingham speed helmet and Burton 185 with a Dual-e with NACA duct in the base that was made for straight line speedski course work. I haven't taken the chance to run it through the lights. Guess I should break it out and head to Les Arc one of these days and see if it we leave a mark on the books, instead of the snow...

Unless there is still a speed event in North America that I don't know of, any suggestions?