Note to New Members ×

Off slope hard boot training

BobD

Not sure what to say about this.... maybe looks like something that a lot of guys would pay money to take a turn with the remote control :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8oCS_8XDcGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha! Yes, I was telling my friend g-ben that to better market the sport we need to get some hot girls in bikinis to start carving. I'd volunteer, but I don't know how hot I'd look in a bikini right now...:eek:

It's good to see our girl here doing her part...

Very cool!

It appears that you're only reacting to what the machine is doing' date=' not driving it. [/quote']

I disagree - I don't think it's just a "ride."

There are probably built-in constraints to prevent the user from shooting off of either end,

but it looks to me that there is a great degree of interactivity from the user.

You don't get much rotation (Heading/Yaw, or Pitch) but I bet it would be pretty nice to work those target muscle groups during the off season.

Another video:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W3aPnMS1Uos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And where to purchase -

http://www.ski-trainer.com/en/

The folks on these machines look a lot like people using a piece of equipment I use for ski season called Fitter (made in Calgary as I recall). Its a side to side rocker with a rolling dolly on top that is restrained by bungie cords underneath. You adjust the number of cords to your weight and the type of workout. You stand on the dolly as if on skis and drive the dolly back and forth. Looks just like the videos with the exception of the snowboard stance, etc.

I bet there are elastic cords under the track that the person is driving against... not motor driven.

I disagree - I don't think it's just a "ride."

There are probably built-in constraints to prevent the user from shooting off of either end,

You don't get much rotation (Heading/Yaw, or Pitch) but I bet it would be pretty [bOLD]nice to work those target muscle groups during the off season.[/bOLD]

Ding, Ding Ding!!!

there you go:biggthump

You are right. Foot platform has sensors and estimates edge angle. Simulator's software calculates turning carve depending on edge angle, ski radius, and rider's speed at moment of time. And then generates motion of platform to simulate centrifugal force at current speed and turning radius. It also can simulate "bumps" by adding irregularity to platform's movement speed.

You are right. Foot platform has sensors and estimates edge angle. Simulator's software calculates turning carve depending on edge angle, ski radius, and rider's speed at moment of time. And then generates motion of platform to simulate centrifugal force at current speed and turning radius. It also can simulate "bumps" by adding irregularity to platform's movement speed.

That is friggin' awesome!!!