Note to New Members ×

What's Your Favorite Length.....?

Flywalker

if you could have only one board, what length?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. if you could have only one board, what length?

• 154 or less
    • 155-159
    • 160-164
    • 165-169
    • 170-174
    • 175-179
    • 180-184
    • 185-189
    • 190-199
    • 200+

Maybe this has been done before. Sorry... l'm kinda new.

Just wondering what length board you'd be inclined to ride. l know that there are tons of variables like location, conditions etc... l'm just curious to know what you would be most likely to grab if someone said to you "c'mon let's go!"

Only one board... there's limited space in the car (^_-)

Travelling with one board!? What a herresy! Never happened to me...

Anyways, where are we going? Whistler BC, Baker WA, Blue Mountain ON... Sapporo? ;)

If I had to go really blindly,without knowing the prevailing conditions, crowdiness, type of slopes, etc, I would bring the Kessler BXn 168. Note that it's not much the length, but rather the width and overall design that would govern my decission. If it was 162 or 175, it would still be it.

Something from 1,67 to 1,71 and 10-12 scr , Im 6.4 and 240 pounds but despite that my measurements say that i should go for 1,77-1,85 (rode them for years!)shorter boards now suit me better because of the runs i usually go to,there steep crowded and narrow!

Would anyone ever buy a Lamborghini if he were to ride it 90% on dirt roads?

I think the number 1 factor for determining the size of a board is where you mostly ride,if you buy a custom that is so that you can adjust the weight flex ratio!

Large board with big scr's don't smell fear they just need big runs and skills!

OK fair enough... let me create an image for you...

Picture many groomed runs ranging from green to what l would call moderate red for the most part. Nothing steep is groomed, anyway. The quality of cord is variable and often on the poor side because the groomers cannot keep up with the snowfall. lt can get a little bumpy but nothing serious unless you take a wrong turn. Then you're in for a treat because the bumps are cut by mostly 160cm skis.

Otherwise, groomed runs are fairly wide on some blue runs but the reds and one black one are perhaps approaching the width of a typical ski race course.

Still the BXn?

I gotta agree with Blue B, a good BX board that fits your size would be a great choice for whatever conditions come along.

The Madd 168BX excelled for me in any snow/slope you can think of, from steep chewed up bumps and 45* icy narrow groomers(we have winch cats) to easy greens & blues or powder in tight trees.

I usually ride a 173 Identity as my go to board but often wish it was longer and narrower like a 177 am metal but the Madd was never too big even in the tightest trees(I'm 6' 200#).

Picture many groomed runs ranging from green to what l would call moderate red for the most part. Nothing steep is groomed, anyway. The quality of cord is variable and often on the poor side because the groomers cannot keep up with the snowfall. lt can get a little bumpy but nothing serious unless you take a wrong turn. Then you're in for a treat because the bumps are cut by mostly 160cm skis.

Otherwise, groomed runs are fairly wide on some blue runs but the reds and one black one are perhaps approaching the width of a typical ski race course.

Still the BXn?

Ok, got the picture...

If I wanted to just stay on those quazi groomed runs and carve/bust through the chop and small bumps, I'd bring Coiler AMT 176.

If I wanted to play the steeps and big bumps too, with ocational excursion to pow and trees, I'd bring the mentioned BXn or Nidecker Proto 167.

It would have to be my Prior 174 4X4 with a special 10.5 sidecut radius--- it does most everything very well .. all the time.. even turns when it needs to with my eyes closed. It is kinda like driving a high end BMW 2 door coupe with allwheel drive, lotsa horsepower, 6 speed manual tranny, hardtop convertible, heated seats, cooled seats, great sound system, and wonderful leather seats. :1luvu:

As in the length of the second hand Coiler AM I bought several seasons ago.I actually don't ride it much now since I have a more versatile(ie wider/shorter) 171 GFORCE Blade and a 210 Diablo Composites board(extremely versatile despite it's size).That said,if I have another Diablo built it will be somewhere around that 182 length with the shape similar to the 210 and a width similar to the 171.

I must say that,just like wingnuts' post the 210 is worth it just for the awestruck reactions.

Sehr lustig, das kann sicherlich nicht dein "Go to Board" sein.:nono:

In Sölden oder Kitzbühel den ganzen Tag, woanders ein paar Stunden morgens..

did you not see the pictures? it's a skwal of bonkers proportions. i agree though, i want to see some video of it bent like a banana. :)

It's a "normal" BOARD (no Skwal) by Oxess...

With a 35m SCR it isn't easy to bent it :eplus2:

A Video comes when the Rider with a cam is fast enough.

image.gif

??????? B.S. ???????