Note to New Members ×

Sold the Bike

Jack M

Jack, the word boat actually is an acronym. Boat=break out another thousand.

haha, hadn't heard that one! Probably won't happen for a year or two.

the whole family could enjoy a Weber smoker or a Green Egg. . . turkey time is fast approaching

We got a knock-off version of the Big Green Egg called Kamado Joe at a salvage store for $300, it's awesome!

At least at one time, Maryland was the highest boat per capita state in the country. I've lived here a long time and seen many boats imprisoned in driveways on trailers. Many cast to the asphalt because of a bad wheel bearing or jumping from foster home to foster home to escape a zealous HOA. Anyway, my dad would always say the only two good days to own a boat were the day you bought it and the day you sell it. I think most people use a boat so infrequently that the idea of a share or just renting has some real advantages.

Jack has officially lost is nuts.:barf:

Har har. I just have no time to ride or maintain it.

I think most people use a boat so infrequently that the idea of a share or just renting has some real advantages.

We may share it with another family, but we would get good use out of it regardless. We live right near the water and we could get out on it after work during the week and on weekends during the summer. There are lots of cool islands with beaches to explore around here.