Note to New Members ×

Are new plates obsolete

lowrider

The learning curve is pretty steep when building and changing designs on the new school plates, I'm thinking some of these are already obsolete. Is anyone thinking their drools are going to turn into tears if they buy what is on offer right now? I'm Working on a split plate hoping to end the debate on peddling. Anyone want to admit your a peddler and want to try one ??? Will you buy a plate before you try a plate ?????

:freak3:I'm a pedaler, that's how I was taught :biggthump.

I personally don't believe all things that are good for racing are good for recreational riding. Sorta like driving an F1 car to work (which I wouldn't mind trying).

I'll try a single Plate System, one thing I have learned in life is, never count something out (as many do) until you've tried it.

lowrider wrote, "Anyone want to admit your a peddler and want to try one ???" I'd be interested in trying two, not one :biggthump.

The learning curve is pretty steep when building and changing designs on the new school plates, I'm thinking some of these are already obsolete. Is anyone thinking their drools are going to turn into tears if they buy what is on offer right now? I'm Working on a split plate hoping to end the debate on peddling. Anyone want to admit your a peddler and want to try one ??? Will you buy a plate before you try a plate ?????

Are you referring to something in production? Have you posted photos of the "Split Plate" you are speaking of? Did I miss a thread where you have explained this before or are you just looking to get a rise? Forgive the pun.

By design something is history at the time it is build. Build on gentlemen. You didn't think this was over yet did you?

Plates are not new to many of us, the development started long ago. The improvements will continue to be refined with many ideas to come and go.

That is simply how it goes. Jump in now, there is plenty of benefit to be enjoyed NOW.

Is anyone thinking their drools are going to turn into tears

PS. This might be a bit melodramatic? This is not heart surgery, I think most here are well adjusted enough not to turn into slobbering , balling slobs over a plate, but then I could be wrong :)

No (Oldsnowboards) not trying to get a rise but i am splitting a plate to allow a degree of action that will allow some peddling. Can't say its not a factor in some peoples riding so i have two plates under construction to allow some comparison to the SGP's. Will post pics when finished. I think it's important to be able to compare other plate action since the differences i experienced testing different flex in plates gave so many different results this is just another option some may be interested in. Maybe it will just turn out to be a bad idea but without trying it i'll never know. As far as slobbering , balling slobs look what the "Bad Info" thread has done. Please someone post a pic of a resort opening soon!

Calling them "obsolete" is pretty hyperbolic. They will be good for some people, not applicable for others. Just like anything else. Personally I don't try to bend/warp/twist the board with my feet so I'm interested to see how it will feel to ride a board where that isn't even an option. But mostly I want to feel the suspension action. To me the Karl/Apex design appears to be the most mechanically effective one yet.

I'm Working on a split plate hoping to end the debate on peddling.

Something like this design?

http://www.ripstik.com

OR

like this part of the Bomber HFP but now allowing the ends to twist in a controlled way relative to one another?

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=252984&postcount=110

SunSurfer