Note to New Members ×

Free carving and these new plate systems?

~tb

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plate simply disengages your body from the undulations that the board is going through while giving you a solid platform to work on. You still have to manipulate your body into the position needed to get the board on edge, a wide stance allows more body movement IE:inclination, stack height effects edge fulcrum pressure and plates only add 1/2"(vist), canting is a personal thing, if you can manipulate your body into position without canting so be it but the plate doesn't effect your inclination position, or your ability to get into that position.

Karl has put the toe and heel block directly on his plate for quite some time now.

Several pictures have been posted here on BOL.

Smart guy!

Jacoby was doing this when Ben was in grade school!!!

Before plates , Emery, Sno Pro, Nitro, etc all mounted two piece plate bindings directly to the boards, (said for the younger riders benefit, I know you know this all too well)

Smart guy!

Before plates , Emery, Sno Pro, Nitro, etc all mounted two piece plate bindings directly to the boards, (said for the younger riders benefit, I know you know this all too well)

The insert placement used by Burton on their PJ boards & the multiple hole choices on their binding base plates allowed a limited range of stance angle choices.

I had a PJ for a while but don't have any suitable photos to illustrate.

Something similar to this might allow direct mounting of toe & heel blocks onto plates while still allowing some fine tuning of stance angles.

SunSurfer