Note to New Members ×

May be relocating to Phoenix AZ .. where to ride?

Shred Gruumer

Well I might me transfering to Phoenix.. I have ridden in Flagstaff at Arizona Snowbowl.. not much grooming.. Any thing with a days drive.. Big Bear??? Sunrise??

or am I stranded and have to fly..

Any AZ folks out there or places other than AZ I would be able to ride?

Any feedback on this wellcome..

Thanks

RSS

New mexico resorts are an easy day's drive(9 hrs to Taos)...check out Flagstaff ski bowl...don't remember the quality of grooming but it's been 20 years since I went. Southern Colorado is pretty close as well (8hrs to durango), and you can make June/Mammoth in about 11 hours...

Don't waste your time with big bear...

Not much groomed skiing, but I can recommend some good restaurants! ;)

As for AZ, Snowbowl and Sunrise are pretty much it.

The Taos area resorts are about 9 hours away, as is Mammoth Mtn, or even Wolf Creek in Co, if you're up for powdah. Looks like you can make it to Brian Head in UT in 7 hrs.

Hey now, Big Bear aint so bad. Its not hero snow very often, but the grooming is good. From Phoenix to Snow Summit is just under 6 hours. All easy driving on the 10 fwy, except for the last 50 minutes of mountain driving. Several of us spend quite a bit of time carving it up here locally! Last year was awesome. Just sayin, closer counts for a lot. ;)

Ahhhh, but its a dry heat. Feels kind of like standing in front of a hair dryer when the wind blows. Worked in Scottsdale many years ago for 4 months (June July August and Sept)and then got the hell of of dodge. Why don't you retire and move to Colorado???? Now there is an excellent idea.

Think Snow.

Ahhhh, but its a dry heat. Feels kind of like standing in front of a hair dryer when the wind blows. Worked in Scottsdale many years ago for 4 months (June July August and Sept)and then got the hell of of dodge. Why don't you retire and move to Colorado???? Now there is an excellent idea.

Think Snow.

I do miss those hot nights. Riding at 70mph in a pair of cutoffs at 2am across the desert highway on the way back from a party at the Verde River indian reservation.

How about living in Cottonwood and showing up at the office in Phoenix once a week?

I am newly single as well. When I get settled in a new place I will put you on the guest list! waterfront at the moment. we have world class golf here too. lots of courses close and several are championship quality.:biggthump

Thanks.. I could change jobs and company.. but I have too much vested.. and would loose and have to start over.. not a good option.. so staying with my company and taking another job to just live in a new place with the same company only comes around once or twice.. I passed on it once already and my field is specialized so you take what you can get especially if its MORE $$$

So AZ won't be bad.. just a bit different to get to ride ....again its closer to the mountains and cheeper for flights.. and well.. If I have to drive... well I can.. 9 hours from cleveland to the closest Vermont place is 9 hours.... or 9 hours from Phoenix should put me in a decent place..

ps/.... my custom BX hybrid from Oxess arrives August 16th.....:eek: