Note to New Members ×

May be relocating to Phoenix AZ .. where to ride?

Shred Gruumer

Shredster, You could always drive to LA and carpool up Mammoth/June with someone from the So Cal Contingent. There is usually someone headed that way each weekend. Also, Horizon (Alaska) offers flights into Mammoth Lakes via LAX - not sure price though. Had many good days at either place over the years. Also lot's of options for places to stay. Worth a consideration.

Good luck with the job transfer! Tom

Thanks for the input.. but flights yea.. maybe feasible.. a few times a year.. its lodging that will kill me... its always the most expensive of a trip.... so I guess I have to start networking that... hate to be a cheep guy but flying four or five times then lodging won't be an option..

Thats why I guess stuck with Arizona snowbowl...

sure looks like I won't be riding everyweek end... and snowbowl is the only option for that.. and I have been there 3 times.. and each time the grooming was less and less.. hate to hang up the hard boots..

RSS

• 4 weeks later...

Well found out today.. that its a no go.. well its good and bad..

But at least I won't be as hot..

Next stop Ogden Utah.. when something comes available..

So the North Coast Distrubution center is still open..!!:ices_ange

RSS..

ps.. now Im thinking Im going to try to make the SES happen.. just need to find a place and some people to bunk with...

Shred (and others):

Moving to northern Utah is not a good idea. The snow quality is lack-luster at best. It rarely snows here anyway. With all of the global warming going on, it's a wonder that we get snow here anymore. And when it does snow, the slopes are so crowded that it makes the freeway system here look like a wasteland. It's mainly man-made crustal spew and it melts within a day or two.

Oh, and the slopes? It's so hard to refer to them as slopes. It's more like a slightly unbalanced pool table. Little to no vertical to be had here. I'd suggest the lofty environs and steep slopes of Colorado or Montana. That's where I'd head if I was changing jobs. I hope this helps!!!

Mark

Shred (and others):

Moving to northern Utah is not a good idea. The snow quality is lack-luster at best.

I'd suggest the lofty environs and steep slopes of Colorado or Montana. That's where I'd head if I was changing jobs. I hope this helps!!!

Mark

Your innate southern gentility is showing through, man. You can't lie worth squat.

Regards

BB of Possum Pouch

(which is much closer to your Utah description than

Utah will ever be)